Prologue

Well well well. Guess who finally decided to give this thing a rewrite? I know I said I won't be using this account anymore, but my love for Gaster has been in it's all time high recently and I need to distract myself from the stress of impending finals. And so, the fated rewrite of "Fallen Angel" is finally here!

Please note that like in the original, (y/n) will be refered to as she/her, but if there will be a need for such, I will gladly make separate google docs with a version of this fic that will have they/them or he/him instead.

Just like in the original, I do not own Undertale nor the characters present in it. It belongs to Toby Fox and the reader is you, therefore you don't belong to me either. Having said all of that, please enjoy the new and improved prologue of Fallen Angel!

2nd POV

The battlefield echoed with the sounds of metal clashing against metal, weapon against weapon. Magic crackled in the air, mixed with the screams of the fallen and wounded. The ground shone with blood and dust, bodies of soldiers in between grass like a twisted version of flowers.

Two sides clashed, both tired, both angry, both just as desperate to win. The only difference was that one party was losing.

The humans, as much as they were filled with determination, were losing ground. They were exhausted, their steps shaky and their attacks sloppy. This was the final battle, the final showdown over who lives and who dies. They had been confident they'd emerge victorious, but that confidence was cracking now.

They had thought that their prayers would be answered, that the benevolent God they worship would come to aid them in their time of need, but so far, there had been no sight of him. Will this be their end? Killed by monstrous creatures in a hopeless war?

The sun shone over the battlefield, casting a glow over the warriors, lighting up the faces of those soon to fall. This was their final stand. Their final moments before all would be lost.

A cloud obscured the sun, casting a small shadow against the ground. But, then the shadow grew, taking a shape that filled the two opposing sides with opposing feelings. The humans felt a rising ray of hope, a newfound determination rising in them at the realisation that they had been heard. The monsters, only pure terror.

It was no mere cloud that had obscured the sky. It was a pair of wings.

One after another more and more of those shadows were cast on the ground, obscuring the ground completely and surrounding the battlefield like a flock of vultures calling for death.

With a battlecry, the first of the angels flew down. You.

Your wings shone, almost fully golden and glistening from the sun rays behind you. Your sword burned with magical flames. Brighter and hotter than any normal blaze could ever be.

With deadly precision you slashed the unlucky monster under you, them not even having a moment to scream before their body was turned to dust and their soul shattered in front of you. As you rose back up to your full height, wings spread and armour shining, two different yells came from the two opposite sides.

One, hopeful and amazed. From a human soldier that had almost been killed by the same monster you struck down.

"It's the Golden Wing! We're all saved!"

The other, filled with fear and shaky. From a monster that had been mere centimetres away from the one that had been dusted.

"Run! The Golden Death is here! The other angels will soon follow!"

True to that word, your brethren soon followed your lead. Hundreds of angels that were circling above before flew down, their weapons of choice brandished, sharp and deadly. Each striking a monster in one blow with inhuman precision.

Some stayed in the air, pulling out their bows to rain arrows from above. Others kept to the ground, heavy axes or hammers causing chaos in the monster's lines as they went through them like cannon fodder.

The battle that had been going in the monsters favour turned around in one quick moment. The humans had protectors after all. Created by the God themselves, wells of strength enclosed in bodies modified by their power. Angels.