Chapter 4: W.D. Gaster

If you want to know the sheer scale of this rewrite, with this chapter out, this book will officially be over 11k words long already. This is the longest chapter yet, with just around 3k words. It was one I was very excited to rewrite, so enjoy!

2nd POV

The figure talked with Sans, their magic letting you go as they fully focused on their son. Papyrus in the meanwhile turned to you, his eye sockets widening.

"UM...DAD?" He called out, to which the figure let out a humm to show that they were listening.

"I THINK SHE FAINTED" That got the attention of both Sans and his dad. They turned around and, sure enough, you were lying face down in the snow, it slowly turning red around you.

"💧☟✋❄"

***

Your eyes fluttered open and you groaned quietly, sun streaming onto your face through the curtains. You sat up with a grumble and massaged your forehead, taking a moment to wake yourself up. You looked down afterwards, seeing that you were in a king sized bed, a soft blanket over you. Your outfit was different than usual, a fluffy (f/c) pyjama covering your body.

You sighed quietly and untangled yourself from the covers, your bare feet being met with a carpet. You minced towards the giant window on the opposite wall and looked out of it, though you already knew what the view would be. Just as you thought, you were met with a forest that soon morphed into plains, then a beach, then mountains and finally back to the woods. Even in your brain, you couldn't decide what you wanted and so it always ended up an ever shifting, everchanging mess of different desires.

There was always one constant in this though...

You turned around and walked out of the room, then down the corridor and took the stairs on your left, which led to the living room. It was big and cosy, with a couch and bookshelves being the centrepiece. They stayed the same, while the rest like the colours, decorations and small details changed with your every blink.

"Mum! There you are! We were starting to think you'd be sleeping till the afternoon!" You turned around and, just as you expected, you were met with a blurry outline. There were no features you could distinguish and the voice was echoey, sounding far away, to the point that you couldn't tell anything about it if asked.

Still, somehow you knew it belonged to your kid. The first time, it had you panicked and confused, but by now, it was almost welcome to hear someone call you 'mum', even if it was just a figment of your imagination.

"Yeah, you're lucky you woke up now mum. Dad was planning on splashing you with water!" Another voice belonging to another figure emerged from the kitchen, joining their 'sibling'.

You heard these exact same words so many times already, seen this entire thing play out more than you could count, yet it always made warmth blossom in your chest. The idea of having this, a family, people who you could love and be loved back by, was something that plagued your mind for decades now, ever before your angel life.

"Oh really? Why don't you two go make breakfast and I'll have a talk with your father then?" You answered as you usually did, these words being the ones that led this in the direction you liked the most.

Your two 'children' giggled and then went back into the kitchen, still snickering between themselves. You on the other hand walked over to a spot near one of the bookshelves and then mentally counted to five.

1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Two strong arms wrapped around your waist from behind you, pulling you closer and against someone's chest. You didn't fight it, melting into his embrace, your head falling back against his shoulder as he chuckled above you.

"Hello darling, I heard you wanted to have a talk with me. Well, I'm all ears." He said, his breath ghosting against your ear as he pressed you closer.