Chapter 8:A hot(literally) bartender

If you saw me describe Gaster's eyelights when using magic as blue and red before. No you didn't. Bribing you with another almost 4k chapter to say it was always purple.

2nd POV.

Things between you and Gaster changed after that day. He was a lot more pleasant to be around now, more relaxed when interacting with you. He even let you play with the kids without much of a fuss, the living room becoming the new place you spent most of your time in. It was certainly better than counting the books on the bookshelf in your bedroom again.

The wound was a not so distant memory now, healed over fully thanks to Gaster's care and now all that was left of it, was a scar. A reminder of your first meeting with the tall skeleton.

Today was no different from any other day, the only change being that you were freely left alone with the two kids, no babysitter in sight. You were playing tag with them, well, mainly Papyrus, as Sans loved to float up away from your grasp and sit there until his brother was caught and only then lower himself down for the younger skeleton to touch.

You didn't mind that at all, enjoying getting to play with the two kids freely, even if you ached sometimes to let your wings out and fly after the older skeleton. You didn't though, obviously, they were still hidden against your back, black lines melted into your skin until you called upon them. At least God didn't take that ability from you, if they did you would have been dead the day you met Gaster and his sons.

Speaking of the devil, you heard a voice call out from behind you just as Papyrus threw himself at you yelling tag, you tumbling to the ground with a laugh, the kid safely wrapped in your arms as you hit the, luckily quite soft and fluffy, carpet.

Both of you looked up, Papyrus getting off your lap to stand beside you while you stood up, your eyes meeting white eyelights of Gaster, who stood in the doorway. He was wearing his usual coat and sweater. Now that you think about it, you haven't really seen him wearing any different outfits than that. Perhaps his wardrobe is full of copies of it so he can have it on every day.

"(Y/n)?" His voice rang out again to catch your attention, a low bass you've grown to know over the last few months you've spent in the house recovering.

"Yes Gaster?" You asked with a head tilt, Papyrus and Sans running off to play by themselves now that you've stopped paying them any attention.

Gaster brought a fist up to his face and cleared his throat, his hands then falling down to rest behind his back as he answered you.

"I thought it would do you good to see more of the underground, so, may I show you around, if you'd be willing?" A grin spread on your face at his words, excited to not be cooped up in the house anymore. As much as you loved the kids, it would be nice to get some fresh air and see more places.

Your grin fell just as quickly as it appeared, your face breaking out into a frown instead as you glanced where Sans and Papyrus ran off to.

"Is it wise to leave them all alone? They could hurt themselves" You worriedly inquired, not wanting to go if it meant the kids would have the house to themselves.

You swear you notice Gaster smile softly, but maybe it was just your imagination. He did though, appreciating the fact you cared for his kids enough to worry about them being left alone.

"Don't worry about that, I've already called Indarra to watch over them" The name rang a bell in your head. That was the uncle that the kids spoke of when you asked who usually babysits them.

As if on cue, the sound of very insistent knocking stopped the conversation from continuing. You turned to the door, watching as Gaster walked over and opened it, the figure on the other side one of a fish monster.

Who you guessed was Indarra walked in once Gaster side stepped to let him in, then pulled the skeleton into a tight bear hug, one at which the scientist made a quiet groan, the fish monster squeezing him quite strongly. Enough so even you winced a bit. He certainly didn't look amused in the slightest.

"Ah-! Indarra- good to see you too-" Gaster gasped out and was finally put down and instead subjected to a few rough back pats, ones which he was able to take with much more dignity.

"Gaster! Long time no see pal! Haven't seen you since what, yesterday?" Indarra's voice was loud and booming, his high energy matching it perfectly.