Chapter 1: Banishment

Surprise, double update! Oh boy am I glad to fix up the two chapters that bugged me the most. There's still a lot of things bad in the original, but at least I'll have some solace with the fact I'm fixing up the broken mess of a timeline the OG book had. This ain't fnaf, it's supposed to be understandable.

2nd Pov

The world whizzed by you as you flew above it. Your (e/c) eyes scanned the ground under you like a hawk's, no detail passing by you even with the high speed of your soaring. So far there was nothing of note, but you knew this was the forest a monster camp was in before it had been attacked. You needed to make sure there were no people left behind in the chaos of the fight.

The sound of a cry made you whip your head around, gaze falling upon a blood boiling sight. Three angels stood proud and tall, the front one with his weapon raised. Pressed against a rock, looking up at them, was a monster child.

You didn't waste any time, changing your trajectory and flying down, landing in between the kid and the trio. You unsheathed your sword, white flames bursting to life. With barely milliseconds to spare, you blocked the oncoming attack with your blade, the weapons clashing against each other and making sparks fly.

The angel who's blade you just stopped paled, his eyes widening in panic when they fell upon your face.

"General?!" He gasped, breaking the swordlock you both found yourselves in.

You narrowed your eyes, still holding your blade at the ready, your stance one of someone that will not hesitate to strike. Behind you the kid whimpered quietly, her face covered in dirt and tears, which just served to further your burning resolve to help.

"Elin. Lower your weapon now." The angel, who turned out to be your battalion's Commander, did as told, his hands shaking, making him take a few tries to sheathe the sword.

"What are you doing, General? Why are you protecting a monster?" His question went ignored by you.

You turned around instead, kneeling down in front of the kid and putting your sword away so as to not scare her. She was a small fox monster, her fur cherry red with black markings on her ears, tail and around her eyes. Her irises were bright and yellow-ish. They looked like two ambers, shining from the shed tears.

"Hey kid, you alright?" You asked softly, voice gentle and low.

She looked up at you, her hands buried deep in her tail as she stroked it, probably for comfort. She just shook her head and pressed herself against the rock behind her more, quivering from fear.

You took a few steps back to give her more space, barely acknowledging the fact that the three angels from your battalion were now gone. Probably went to tell THEM what you did. A problem for the future you. Right now you had to focus on getting the kid to not be terrified of you.

"Hey, it's okay. I won't hurt you and I won't let them hurt you either. What's your name, little one?" You raised your arms to show that you were not reaching for your weapon, your wings pushed against your back so they wouldn't be too intimidating.

She shook her head again, whining quietly, her ears flat against her head.

"Alright. No name then. How about I tell you mine? I'm (Y/n) and I'm here to take you to a monster camp" She paused at that for a second, her eyes briefly glancing up at you before lowering to the ground again.

"...I want dads back"

Your soul broke at the petrified tone of her voice. She looked to be around ten at most, which means she was born after the barrier was already in place. She probably never had a moment in her life where she didn't need to be constantly on guard.

"And I know where they are. I can take you to them, you just need to trust me for a minute, can you do that?" After a few seconds she gave you a hesitant nod.

You offered your hand, which she took and -luckily for you- allowed you to pick her up. Her fur was soft when she wrapped her little paws around your neck and pressed her muzzle into it. Once she was comfortable in your hold, you spread your wings, flying up to go take her to the nearest monster camp that you know her people fled to.