Chapter 6: Impromptu babysitting

Sorry for the long wait, but the paperwork for getting into university and then getting a dorm at said university is much more complicated than I thought. Still, I bring you a chapter full of fluff and no angst for once. Enjoy! Also quick reminder that this book is not beta read, so if you see any typos or mistakes, it's because of that.

2nd POV

Today started like any other morning in your formed routine. You woke up, your wound no longer acting up as you easily slipped out of the bed. You waddled over to the closet, pulling out some comfy clothes you were oh so graciously given by Gaster to not be stuck in only one outfit considering what you were wearing when you fell in was ruined beyond fixing by your own blood.

You could already hear a tiny commotion downstairs, your eyebrow raising in confusion when you heard the door be slammed shut. Did Gaster leave already? He is yet to check on your wound. It may not be acting up anymore, but he was insistent on it being looked over regularly to make sure it doesn't suddenly get worse. Perhaps something important has caught his full attention?

The confusion and slight concern was alleviated once you heard the loud voice of the usual person that came to take care of Papyrus and Sans while Gaster was gone. Since they're here, he must have simply been summoned to work early or something along these lines.

With that thought, you let out your wings, curling and then opening them a few times. The pain in the right wing was now fully gone, but it still felt a bit sore, so you were going to keep this up until you were sure it was back to its full mobility. You also went to the bathroom to wash your teeth and quickly brush your hair.

The previous confusion arose again when you heard the door slam shut again, the loud voice now gone and leaving the house in complete silence. Did they leave so early? But they've only just showed up and, if they're gone, it means Papyrus and Sans are all alone.

You let your wings melt against your back and then opened the door to your room, walking out and going downstairs. Technically, you were not supposed to be leaving it unless you were going to the bathroom, but this was a unique situation and you were not going to let the kids be all alone for who knows how many hours. The first thing you saw once you jogged down the stairs, was a big couch, along with quite a few bookshelves, a carpet and a rack for coats that, right now, held only a tiny blue and orange ones.

Sans' head peeked over the backrest when he heard your footsteps, soon followed by Papyrus' tinier one.

"What are you two doing alone?" You asked, going around the couch and sitting down on the opposite end of it.

Sans shrugged, going back to watching his brother play with a Rubik's Cube. Said cube was a typical 3 x 3 one with different colours on each side, currently all jumbled up for Papyrus to try and solve.

"dad said there was an emergency at the lab and left early. then uncle was supposed to babysit us as usual, but he suddenly remembered something and ran out of the house too" Was the explanation you got from the older of the two skeletons.

You frowned at that. "And have you eaten anything?"

The kids shook their heads.

"dad was going to make something before he went to work, then uncle said he'll make something instead since dad's busy. both ended up leaving before they had the chance to cook something" You groaned quietly at his explanation, tapping your fingers against your arm in thought.

"Alright then, where's the kitchen?" Sans lazily pointed towards an archway where said room was, his eyes not leaving Papyrus, who was now proudly presenting him a cross pattern he made on the Rubik's Cube.

You left the two be, walking into the kitchen instead and looking through all the cupboards to see the ingredients they have and what you could make from them. A grin spread on your face once you noticed everything needed to make one of your favourite dishes.

"What would you say about having (f/f)?" The brothers perked up at the idea, Papyrus jumping to his feet and waddling over to the kitchen, Sans soon following.

"THAT SOUNDS LOVELY! CAN I HELP?" He looked up at you with his puppy dog eyes and you couldn't help but nod with a chuckle.

"Yeah kid, you can help if you'd like" He yelled out a very satisfied 'YAY' at your words, raising his arms for you to pick him up, which you did.

"I can use the kitchen, right?" You glanced over at Sans, who gave you a nod and then just teleported himself on top of the counter to watch. You blinked, shocked. Just how many very complicated spells only the strongest monsters could use does he know?

Even with his permanent smile he somehow grins wider at your bewildered stare. He leaned back against the wall with a shrug and then motioned for you to start cooking since Papyrus was already starting to squirm in your arms.