Chapter 3: One Night Stands

Zayn is woken up by the sound of his phone vibrating and blasting Bruno Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven". He looks around his room and spots his phone on the floor right next to his abandoned trousers. He lazily stands up and gets his phone, crawling back into his bed with a pounding headache. Asking himself "How much did I drink last night?"

Once he's tucked back into bed he yawns, unlocking his phone to look at who's called. It wasn't a call though, it was an alarm.

"Shit! I'm late for class... Again!" He shouts at himself while slipping on some dark wash jeans, his boots, and a flannel. The fact he was suppose to be wearing a nice suit and tie to class didn't cross his mind as he quickly changes. He then musses up his hair, grabs his glasses, as well as his leather jacket and heads out the door.

Before he reaches the door he goes to his dining table where he's sure to've left his keys, he finds a letter instead.

Morning Sunshine! Last night was great, wish I could have stayed but I had to run, couldn't skip again! Anyway hope you have a great day... I'll see you around Zayn. Hopefully sooner than later. ;) - Blondie (I actually quite liked the nickname by the way... Maybe someday you'll find out my real name. X

Zayn was taken aback. What the hell had he done last night? Had he hooked up with a total stranger? How much had he drank? Why was his head pounding so fucking bad?

It takes Zayn a few minutes to regain his foggy memory of last night.

The memories come flooding in; the bar, Liam, meeting the blonde, hooking up in the bathroom, bringing him back to his place.

Zayn concluded that while he was drunk, last night was not one of those "drunken mistakes".

Last night was the first glimpse of happiness Zayn had felt in a vey long time. Last night hadn't been just sex with a stranger; it had been so much more. Even though he had just met the guy, they had just instantly clicked so what if it wasn't love yet? It was as close as he'd ever gotten...

The two boys had spooned until they'd fallen asleep. They'd leave light kisses on each other's bare skin. Drawing small patterns on the Irish boys skin while the blonde played with Zayn's hair. Fingers intertwined with slow even breaths falling fast asleep.

It had been utterly perfect and Zayn felt like a dick for almost forgetting it. How could he forget the blue eyed boy?

Zayn was rather disappointed that the blonde hadn't stayed. That he almost forgot about last night, and most of all that he was going to be late to his lecture. Again.

He was sure to be fired by the end of the week if it kept going like this.

He had to get to school and get there fast.

As he walks out the door he wonders what the blonde meant when he wrote "can't skip again". Skip what exactly? A class? A job?

Zayn realizes how little he knows of the blonde and the chances of them crossing paths again was highly unlikely in a place like London.

"Prolly' never see him again..." He mutters to himself with a forlorn expression.

He locks his door and heads down to his car.

When he reaches the school he's already 15 minutes late. He mutters an "I'm so fucked" before entering the school building.

Niall's P.O.V. (Before leaving Zayn's house)

I woke up to a vibrating sound next to my ear; I realize it's my phone under the pillow. Fucking hell.

I look around and realize this isn't my room. No Irish flag on the wall or snapback and Supra collections.