Chapter 4: Big Mistakes

Zayn's P.O.V.

I quickly run out of the classroom, I can't believe I just did that! I can never kiss Niall again... Even if I really want to... Not that I do. It wasn't good let alone right... Fuck! Who am I kidding? I ignited the kiss... It was all me! Never again. I won't kiss Niall. I won't kiss Ni-

In my haste I bump into someone. "Shit sorry Mr. Malik! You alright? You look a bit flustered... Mr. Malik?" The boy asks. I realize it's Harry, he's currently waving his hand in front of me trying to gain my attention.

"Sorry, zoned out. I'm alright Harry, thanks for asking." I say patting him on the shoulder.

"You sure?" He asks, he's looking at me like I have three heads. He seems to be concerned and wary at the way I'm acting.

"Yeah, yeah!" I say trying to convince myself as well as the boy in front of me.

"Alright, Zayn... I mean Mr. Malik!" He says shocked at his slip up.

"It's alright Harry. Just make sure that in class you call me Mr. Malik... Anyway look I have to go okay?" I say turning around to look at the closed classroom door behind me.

Why is Niall still in there? I wonder what he's doing...

I turn to go see what exactly Niall is up to, completely forgetting I was trying to avoid the blonde boy.

"I thought you were leaving Zayn?" I hear Harry call out.

I don't answer, just wave my hand in dismissal.

I walk towards the door and walk into my classroom.

Looking around the room Niall is nowhere to be seen. As I walk out I feel a slight breeze, turning around again I see the window's open. He got out through the window!? He's crazy, I mean I know we're only on the 1st floor but still! He could of gotten hurt! He could of-

"Why do you care Zayn?" My conscious asks me.

I dismiss it with an "I don't... But he's a student and I care about my students well being."

"Well that's total bullshit." It responds.

"Well I-" I'm about to respond when I realize I must be going mad! I'm having an argument with my conscious? I'm talking to myself! Niall Horan is making me go insane.

I go to my desk and quickly pack up my stuff, deciding it's best if I head home. I guess the rest of my classes will have a substitute... A substitute for a substitute; how ironic.

I tell the receptionist I'm feeling under the weather and head out to my car.

As I'm walking to it I hear someone shout out my name. Turning around I notice it's Louis Tomlinson.

"Mr. Malik! Mr. Malik!" He shouts sprinting up to me. Once he reaches me he places his hands on my shoulders trying to steady himself. His breathing is shallow and he tries to catch his breath before speaking.

Once he's calmed down, he looks up at me and smiles. His mood has changed to an animated one and I can't help but question his weird antics with a raised brow. He seems to notice and snaps his fingers in realization. "Right! I need to talk to you! It's something really important!" He says, demeanor changing to one of seriousness.

It probably has something to do with the paper he turned in this morning, he hadn't gotten the best of grades. What he says however cause many emotions to erupt, concern being the most notable.

"It's Niall."

Niall's P.O.V.

He doens't want me? Fine! I don't want him. I don't need him. I don't need anyone. Who needs love anyways? All it does is cause pain and heartache. I hate him.