Chapter 7: I Want You (Larry)

<< IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ! >>
I decided since this is a Ziall/Larry fic that there should probably be a bit more Larry. This chapter starts off after Harry and Louis leave the police station.

//

After Harry and Louis leave the police station they find themselves inside Louis' car. They each had a million questions running through their minds, but did not voice any. Louis starts the car without a word or a glance at Harry. Harry lets his eyes wander to the window, staring out at the trees zooming by.

The silence was borderline tense and a tad awkward, definitely on the uncomfortable side. The two had been tip toeing around each other for a week now. Neither would admit something was wrong, denying that things had changed between them. They were just two easy going best friends... straight friends.

~flashback~

It was the first day of sixth form and Louis couldn't wait to get to school. This was his last year; he'd made it through 14 years of school and this would be his last. He couldn't wait to get out of college and finally start living his life. He had passed his GCSEs with high marks and was sure to pass his A-levels this year as well. He couldn't wait to head to university and was extremely excited to move out of Marlborough. He had big city dreams that he was ready to live out. He couldn't wait till' year 13 ended.

Harry was dreading his first day of his last year in secondary school. This would be the last year he had with Louis and Niall before he had to face the real world. Louis would probably get into the best university in the UK, either for his exceptional footy skills or for his academic achievements. While Niall wasn't doing so great in school he'd probably get accepted into uni for football. What did Harry have? He was smart, yes, but was he good enough to attend uni? Would he even get accepted? What would he major in? Where would he go? Those were the questions he dreaded.

Harry hated thinking about the future, it seemed like a dark place and he wanted to stay in the light; with Louis and Niall. He didn't want to leave either behind and once they got into uni the inevitable would happen and they'd hardly see each other. Harry was scared of that, they had been close since birth and soon they'd stop hanging out until they never spoke again. Both Niall and Louis had assured Harry that that wouldn't be the case, but the green eyed boy didn't believe them. Niall and Louis chose to believe Harry was scared because he was the youngest of the three. Niall and Louis were 18 while Harry was still 17, turning 18 on the 1st of February. They soon realized that wasn't the case and that Harry was truly scared of losing his best friends, being left behind... abandoned. This is why Louis and Niall had spent every day with Harry during the summer, not leaving the curly haired boy's side. Now that school had started up again the doubt crept up on Harry and he was ready to burst into tears any minute. He really didn't like the idea of not seeing Louis and Niall, and he never would.

The three always met up in the school's car park before school. Now that each could drive they'd park right beside each other and chat before heading into school. When Harry pulls up he sees Louis leaning on his already parked car. Louis was aimlessly scrolling through his phone, looking up when he heard the noise of a car horn. Louis notices its Harry and watches the boy put his car into park with an amused smile.

"You can't park a car to save your life mate." Louis says as soon as Harry steps out of his car. Harry can't help the embarrassed blush that creeps up on his cheeks. Louis was right, Harry would always end up a little too far on the right. Noticing the blush on the boys cheeks Louis tries to swallow down his snigger but ends up bowling over in a fit of laughter. "Fuck you Lou." Harry says looking away from Louis, trying his hardest not to smile. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry Harry. You're actually the best driver the world has ever seen." Louis says with a deadly serious expression. It wasn't that Harry was gullible but if it wasn't for the twinkle of mischief is Louis' eyes he would've believed him. "Oh now you're just taking the piss." Harry retorts smiling down at the feather haired boy. They look at one another with mirth, amused at the way they were acting.