Chapter 6: Same Mistakes

~*~

The kiss the two shared in the middle of the police station was different from the rest. It wasn't rushed like the first time they kissed in the bar. It wasn't like the second time where their lips entwined in loving and passionate kisses. It wasn't like the third, not a rushed and heated make-out session. It was definitely not like the fourth kiss they had outside the bar; not clingy or needy.

This kiss was a desperate apology in Zayn's part. It was Zayn's way of proving to Niall he still cared. Because, how couldn't he care? Care for someone as amazing as Niall. Zayn had tried to stop thinking about the blonde, but he just couldn't. He had just met Niall, yet he was all Zayn could think about the last few days.

Zayn experienced a mix of many emotions that only happened around Niall. He tried to get rid of the feelings but couldn't, they'd always be there. Zayn was scared, he was scared of the emotions he was feeling for Niall. Yeah, he could lose his job, but he honestly didn't even want it in the first place. The reason he couldn't be with Niall was because if they were to get together the inevitable would happen and they'd break up. They were young and most young couples didn't last. Zayn couldn't handle that, he just couldn't. He was falling hard for the blonde boy and if they were to break apart then he'd never be whole again. That's why after he had found out who Niall was; one of his students, he saw it as a sign that they shouldn't be together. The whole night prior to this information he had tried finding things wrong with the blonde. There was nothing wrong with him though, making it extremely difficult for Zayn not to like Niall.

So as Zayn kisses Niall in the middle of the police station he makes sure to pour everything he's feeling into the kiss. He grabs onto Niall tightly by his hips, squeezing lightly to let Niall know he's there. He caresses the nape of Niall's neck with his free hand, digging his digits into the blonde's hair. The kiss is deep and open mouthed, hot uneven breaths mingling.

Zayn tries to console Niall with the kiss. He knew he'd hurt Niall when he had rejected him in the bar a few hours ago. He had seen the pain cross in those deep blue eyes of his. Zayn wanted to make sure Niall new he cared. Because Zayn really did care. There was a possibility that the two wouldn't last a life time, just like there was a possibility they wouldn't even end up together soon... but someday they would. Someday Zayn and Niall would be together and happy. Someday they'd be spending their lives together doing everything in their power to stay that way. For now though Zayn just wanted to show Niall he was there for him. That no matter what he had made a friend who cared deeply for him and wouldn't let him fall. Zayn would be his rock when he needed it.

When the two pull away they stare intently at one another. Someone clears their throat causing the two to look away from one another and into four pairs of wide eyes.

"So, erm... I'll just pretend I didn't see any of that..." Paul says, looking away from the two blushing boys in front of him. "Now, the deal is you raise up those grades Niall and no more drugs and getting drunk on a school night. Understood?" Paul says, demeanor turning to one of seriousness.

Niall nods at the police officer with a thankful smile. "Also, I suggest a tutor. You'll definitely need one, you're failing most of your classes." Paul says looking not only at Niall but at the rest of the boys who will surely help Niall stay on track. They all nod in agreement, smiling at Paul. Paul excuses himself to go back into his office and finish up some paperwork leaving Zayn, Niall, Liam, Harry, and Louis in the lobby of the police station.

"Wow." Louis says, letting out a pent up breath. "This has to be the craziest and most shocking day of my life." He says with a half-smile. He looks over at a ditzy Niall who can't seem to stay balanced and a worried Zayn who's trying to keep Niall from falling over. His eyes then wander over to Harry who nods in agreement, and then to his new acquaintance Liam who does the same.