Chapter 8: Confessions

It was seven in the morning when all four boys were startled awake by their alarms. Each woke up in their respective homes, albeit Niall had woken up in Zayn's flat and Harry in Louis' house. The heart warming smiles placed on each of their faces as they recalled the events that had occurred the night before could not be deterred by the ungodly hours they were woken up at.

Each boy was smiling for a different reason. For Zayn, the smile on his face symbolized the "I loves you's" that had been whispered by Niall as he peppered feather light kisses all over his face and neck. To Niall, the smile on his face was all due to Zayn's acceptance of the feelings they both clearly shared for one another from the beginning.

Harry's smile was the result of Louis' reassuring "I mean it Harry, I'll stand by your side forever." before he had drifted off to sleep. Louis' smile was due to Harry's content sigh as he drifted off to the land of dreams telling Louis in his incoherent state he loved him.

~*~

Getting ready at Zayn's flat had proved difficult for both Niall and Zayn. For starters, it was a Friday morning so going off to school was inevitable. They had woken up and realized with a start that they had to get ready in less than 10 minutes in order to get to school on time. However, this proved difficult as both boys kept getting distracted by the loving gazes and warm smiles they kept throwing at one another.

"If you smile at me like that one more time Zayn I don't think i'll be able to button up my trousers." Niall says cheekily as he zips up his tan chinos making sure his white top isn't tucked into them.

"I don't know what you're talking about Niall... And hypothetically speaking if I were to be smiling, which i'm not, it may be because you're just so damn adorable in the morning." Zayn replies, knowing exactly that he was in fact smiling at Niall the whole time. He was happy and couldn't help but admire Niall with a smile, so sue him.

Niall rolls his eyes at Zayn but can't help the blush that begins to splash over his pale cheeks at Zayn's words. Looking away Niall grabs his white trainers and slips them on. "You know this will be the second day you show up to uni without the proper uniform. I'm surprised you haven't gotten in trouble yet." Zayn recalls as he's tightening his tie.

"I don't really get in trouble Mr. Malik. I don't stick to the rules, but i'll always get away with it." Niall says with a smirk as he walks seductively up to Zayn. Once he's close enough he starts to trail his index finger down Zayn's chest. "You sound like a total brat." Zayn teases, but it's not meant to sound rude. The comment was meant to be taken lightly, as complete banter, but as the words leave Zayn's mouth Niall's joking and flirtish demeanor changes to one of guardedness.

Zayn sees the changes, he sees how Niall curls into himself and looks away. He goes to reach for the blonde but is shocked when he flinches away from him. "Niall, I didn't mean that. What I said, it was a joke. It was a shit comment and I'm sorry." Zayn says, desperately trying to makes things better again. Niall isn't even looking at him though, he's looking past him.

"I have to go, I-I'll see you later Malik." Niall says, pushing past Zayn and almost sprinting to the door.

"Niall wait, hold on for a second-" Zayn shouts, running to catch up to the departing blonde. As soon as Niall reaches for the door, Zayn is there grabbing onto Niall's wrist and spinning him around before he can recoil away. Niall starts to shout at Zayn, insisting he let go, but Zayn grabs him and pulls him into a crushing hug.

It's not normal for Niall to break down and cry. It's even more strange to do in front of a man he met a few days ago. This is Zayn though, a guy who has changed all of Niall's perspectives, especially when it comes to love and relationships. So yes, he begins to cry and he's thankful that they're the silent type and not ugly sobs.