One.

- Lakyn -

My heart began racing with anticipation as I crossed and uncrossed my legs, earning a worried glance from Mindy, Ethan, and Sam who were all talking in the kitchen, as Chad and Tara flipped through the channels on the TV.

"Hey, Lakyn, are you alright?" Mindy shouts from the kitchen to ensure I could hear her. I turn, and immediately meet Ethans worried gaze, well, Mindy and Sam looked worried too, but I blushed subtly after meeting Ethans soft brown eyes. We had been introduced at the beginning of this year because my sisters and I moved here after the Woodsboro killings for college, and have become good friends, but we haven't seemed to have gotten as close as I'd like yet... well, in the way that I'd like.

I realized I was staring at him when he raised his hand to give me a little wave, a blush also kissing his cheeks, and I quickly averted my gaze... god that is embarrassing.

"After the attacks, I'm just really worried about everything that happened last year..." I looked at my shoes and kicked at the floor a bit to ease the anxiety that always eats me up when I talk about this, "losing mom was hard enough. I don't want to lose any of you guys too."

I could see Ethan looking at me again now, his expression only seeming to soften up even more. I have to admit, I'm curious about getting him out of the friend zone, but starting a relationship will be hard in these conditions.

"Wait, Chad go back..." Tara nudges Chad and he flips the channel back to the news outlet.

"Samantha Carpenter was seen being the aggressor in a dispute easier today, only hours after a killer wearing a ghost face mask claimed the lives of three victims..." the news outlet plays in the background as everyone begins to crowd around the couch.

"Pack a fucking bag." Sam orders Tara and I, making her way to the bedroom.

"Hold on, this could have nothing to do with us..."  I begin to drown out their argument as something else can be heard from the news anchor.

"After Christina Carpenter was brutally murder along with other woodsboro residents, her daughters narrowly survived themselves, has the killer returned to finish the job-" I shift uncomfortably in my seat at the ignorant sentence I just heard. fuck this, I can't let these thoughts get into my head.

"A strategic attack happened last year in Woodsboro, the carpenter sisters being the so-called main targets of Richie Kirsch and Amber Freeman in their attempt to create new movie material, but recent social media rumors illustrate Lakyn and Samantha Carpenter to be the masterminds behind the attacks-" the news anchor spews.

I spring upwards from my seat on the leather couch so quickly that almost nobody notices, and run to my room in the apartment, shutting the door behind myself so I could cry.

I've always had problems with anxiety, my father was Billy Loomis for Christs sake, so the stress of wondering if I were really like him practically ate me alive. Our mother was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, so I got the rough end of the stick from her at most times after I decided to stay to be with Tara, but resented her for lying about who the true father of sam and I was. Although I would always hold a clear resentment for my mother, and resent the ghost of my father for being a killer, they were still my parents. I have a void in my heart from never meeting Billy,  and watching my mother get butchered right before my eyes only added to the trauma I've been living with.

I curl into a ball on my bed, pulling my blanket over top me and allowing the tears to fall. Sometimes crying helps, but other times like this, the tears dry up and turn into anxiety ridden what ifs, and worries.