Two.

Ethan

I took a step back with Lakyn's small frame still behind me, my heart broke at her quivering and I instinctively put an arm out in front of myself as the attacker moved the knife in my direction with a slash.

"Fuck!" I shout in pain, my gaze fixing down at my hand that had just been cut through. The attacker got me right in the center of my palm, and the cut looked deep, and Lakyn cringed as the thick crimson blood began pouring out of the wound.

One of the first mistakes I made was examining my wound for too long, because ghost face wasted no time slicing my shoulder as well, I let out a groan in pain, clutching my new wound before I turn to Lakyn, remembering I need to protect her.

Lakyn grabs ahold of my arm and leads me backwards carefully out of her bedroom, bumping harshly into her furniture as she does so making sure to keep an eye on ghost face, who was clearly tailing us. I shut her bedroom door in his face to create some distance, which he quickly reopens as we make our way into the neighboring room across the hallway.

I throw myself against the door as she trips and falls onto the ground, failing to catch herself and landing in front of the bed and hitting her head with a groan.

"Lakyn?" I call down to her, still pressing my body against the door that ghost face was banging on. He seemed overly determined to get in here, which causes me to believe that Lakyn is one of the main targets of his wrath, which pissed me off extremely.

"I'm alright," she gets up from the floor and stumbles over to the window, "Danny!" She shouts, causing my attention to focus out the window, where Danny was talking through his window to Samantha in the room next to us.

Both Samantha and Danny see Lakyn in the window, and turn their attention to her, "Lakyn we need to get out of here. I can't lose you or Tara after losing mom!" Samantha screams over in Lakyn's direction, her voice is barely audible against the wind of the evening, but Lakyn seemed to understand what she was saying.

"Did Tara make it out?" Lakyn calls to Sam frantically, as I keep my back against the door.

"Lakyn, I need-" I attempt to gather Lakyn's attention as I struggle to hold the door closed, pushing against it with all my force as ghost face aggressively attempts to open it; Samantha's voice can be heard interrupting mine.

"She ran out with Chad the second he broke in. Tara is safe," Sam breathes, "what about you guys?"

"Ghost face is right outside the door. Ethan is holding it shut right now-"

Slam

The doorframe breaks slightly, chips of wood flying in every direction as I let out a noise of struggle as I hold the door.

"Ethan!" Lakyn exclaims, stumbling over to me and struggling to use her bodyweight to push the dresser in front of the door, so I can move my body off of it.

"Fuck, Ethan I'm sorry." Lakyn frowns, leading me to sit down on the bed.

I notice the sleeve of my henley tee is drenched with blood due to the cut on my shoulder, and my hand is still losing blood. Not as quickly as it was before, but I was beginning to feel a bit woozy.

"Here, let me help..." Lakyn rips the hem of her T-shirt worn under her hoodie, and wraps the piece of fabric around my hand first, I let out a groan and wince in pain as she secures the fabric tightly against my wound.

"I know it hurts, but it needs pressure to stop the bleeding-"

Slam

Lakyn's head turns to the direction of the door as ghost face continues to pound against it, but the dresser was extremely large and seemed to be a good buffer to keep the attacker away from us.