T W O

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

    C H A P T E R T W O

   D   A  Y T W O

You know how some people are what you associate with the feeling of home. Being near them alone makes your heart feel a little more at peace than it already was?

Waking up next to Zack has always been an experience. The peace, calm, and homeliness all hit me together, resulting in a euphoric outburst.

Zack is home.

My home.

Looking back at time, I grew up in an orphanage, and I never had someone to love me or even look out for me. No one cared if I slept or if I was happy or sad. However, being married to Zack changed everything. Being around him changed everything. He loved me and taught me how to love him. He ended up becoming everything to me. Zack was home, love, calm, peace, and everything good the world has to offer.

God's miracle for me.

He is and will always be the only one who matters.

Who would have ever thought that a simple business meeting I never wanted to attend would result in me finding Zack? He was supposed to be a mere business partner, but he ended up being my world.

It hurts my heart to see the despised look of anger in his eyes which he directs at me, but with time I've come to peace with it.

I know I have to accept it and live with it.

The hurt I've caused him will never numb down, he will never forget his hatred for me, and honestly, can I really blame him after what I've done? I'd despise myself if I were in his shoes.

What I did was unforgivable, and it's over now. Nothing I do will change that, and there's nothing I can do about it other than beg for forgiveness.

None of us are perfect. We both have problems, but Zack and I have always filled up the void in each other's life.

A shiver went down my body and made me snap out of my thought. I tried getting out of bed only to be unsuccessful because of Zack's heavy body, my whole world, right on top of mine.

I smiled at the way Zack tightened his hold around my waist unconsciously and dug his face into my neck.

Slowly I turned to his side and kissed his forehead softly; it was already day two, and the countdown continued. I closed my eyes and sent a silent prayer for Zack.

'Stars are the most beautiful thing in this world, Zack, and I wish you'll find it in you to forgive me and look at me as though I am it, the star, once again. If not, I'll understand that my sin was unforgivable, but I hope you'll find your star in someone else who is better than me and will always treasure you.' 

Find someone else who'll love you more than me.

The thought alone felt like a dagger being dug into my body.

Zack has always been such a cuddle bear when asleep but would also refuse to accept it when he's awake. I rolled around a bit more in his embrace, only to hear him grumble in his sleep as he nuzzled my neck, causing me to chuckle.

When I felt his body go still, I realised he was awake. I looked at his back only to find him looking back at me with a tender look in his eyes.

Like I meant something to him.