S I X

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

C H A P T E R S I X

D A Y S I X

The next morning I woke up to my own sunrise, with warmth surrounding me and giving me hope.

I looked up at Zack and saw my entire world in him, as cliche as it is, this side of mine is only his to own.

It gave me hope and made me feel giddy, waking up next to Zack made me realize that this was our day, just like any other day.

That we would conquer it together and share with each other.

I closed my eyes and sent out a silent prayer for my babies, momma loves you, my treasures.

Reopening my eyes, I kissed Zack on the cheek and made a small promise to him just like I did every day.

"I promise to always be by your side Zack, always."

"Or maybe under me?" I looked up a little startled to see Zack's eyes were still closed,  but he was now awake.

A soft giggle escaped my lips as a blush graced my cheeks. I replied, undeterred, "-or maybe atop you?"

Zack's eyes fluttered open, a soft smile playing on his lips. "I believe I'd quite like that," he murmured.

Holding him close, I pressed my face into his neck, a rush of affection flooding through me. He was my anchor.

My Zack.

"Scar?" Zack's voice drew me from my thoughts, his lips finding the crown of my head as I hummed in response, urging him to continue.

"I like how you look at me as though I'm your world" he confessed, his words touching my heart. "As though I am the answer to every last prayer you've ever made, as though without me, you don't see you."

My vision blurred as tears welled up in my eyes at Zack's confession, so I looked up at him and answered frankly, "That's probably because you are. You are the answer to every prayer that I've ever made."

Zack remained quiet for a few seconds and finally spoke after a little pause, "My world changed the day I met you, and I like to believe that you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I still remember how you walked into my office wearing a outfit with every colour of the rainbow in it and hoped that I'd hand over the golden leaf project to you, that I'd trust you with your talent. I remember you working day and night for that hotel, The first client that we welcomed was a family of four, and I remember you crying when you saw them. I remember you looking at them with hope, hope to have one of your own someday. It hurt watching you crying for the first time because I didn't see you as my business partner anymore but as someone who desired for their own ordinary. I remember promising myself that day that I'd give you what you want, in the future."

Sobs broke down my body and tears strained my  entire face as I held onto Zack tightly, "You know Zack, you're my sunshine."

Tenderly, he wiped away my tears. "I've always known your preference for sunshine over sunsets. You're drawn to beginnings."

For the next hour or so Zack held me tightly just like I needed him to hold me, not once did he tell me to stop crying.

He knew.

He knew that I needed to cry, I knew that he knew that I was crying for him, for us, for my babies.

He knew I was holding back things from him, he knew that I was hurt and scarred.