E L E V E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

A   N E W  S T A R T

S I X  M O N T H S  L A T E R

The barista, Logan, smiled the moment he saw me walk into the coffee shop, "the usual?"

I nodded politely and took a seat towards the window, patiently waiting for the coffee.

That's all that had been left of me anyways.

Being patient.

A few minutes later, Logan walked up to me and passed me two cups instead of one.

"Well, I've been planning on launching a new flavour, so I thought you could help a friend?" He asked, taking a seat next to me.

I smiled and picked up the cup with the new flavour and took a small sip, sighing at the wonder taste, "it's amazing, it really is, Logan." I exclaimed.

"I'm glad, my coffee making skills could please you. By the way, umm, I'll be closing the cafe tomorrow and giving the staff an off due to some work in the first half but would you like to ummm, come for dinner tomorrow night?" Logan asked making me still for a fleeting second.

It had been 6 months, I wanted to live like a normal person too.

6 days or 6 weeks or 6 months or 6 years, you think you'll ever be able to move on Scar?

I knew I wouldn't and I wasn't trying to. I just wanted normalcy, instead of crying my nights away and living in pain every god damn second.

It was so easy for him to say he had arranged everything, that it was better if I went away.

As though my thoughts never mattered, I did everything for him.

EVERYTHING.

And he did what he thought was the best, run away from me leave me alone when he knew I couldn't.

I fought for us and he decided he wasn't it, so let's just get rid of me all together.

As if giving me all his assets was going to make my life easy.

Stupid. Stupid, Stupid.

"Scar?" Logan called me again, making me loose my train of thought and look at him.

Logan's invitation to dinner caught me off guard. I appreciated his effort to make things normal, but normal was a foreign concept to me now.

Normal was never normal for me, he was always with me from the start.

Until he kicked you out.

I took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "Logan, I appreciate the offer, I really do. But I'm not ready for that yet. I'm still... figuring things out, you know?" I explained, my gaze fixated on the swirling patterns in my coffee cup.

His face fell, disappointment clouding his eyes. "Oh, I didn't mean to rush you or anything. I just thought it might be a good way to take your mind off things," he said, his voice tinged with understanding.

I managed a small smile, grateful for his consideration. "I know, Logan. And I appreciate it, truly. But right now, I need time for myself. It's all still a bit too raw, you know?"

Because my personal life was every leading magazines best gossip.

He nodded, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "I get it, Scar. Take all the time you need. If you ever change your mind, the offer stands."