T H I R T E E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

A    R A I N Y   D A Y

I shuffled forward loving the source of heat providing me comfort.

Digging my face more and more into the blanket, I sighed until I felt the blanket, or was it my pillow, move.

As I opened my eyes, the sunlight hit my vision directly making me shut them close again.

I slowly opened my eyes again and found myself still beside Zack, who seemed to be asleep.

My arms were now wrapped around his neck while his were around my waist in a vice grip.

As I shifted slightly, I realized Zack was not asleep; his breathing slightly irregular.

Did he really think he could fool me?

I knew his body better than he would ever know.

Let's test the theory.

Leaning forward, slowly I took my face near Zack's, my breath fanning over his face.

Immediately his breathing took up and within seconds his eyes met mine.

He had been pretending all along.

A mixture of surprise and understanding filled the air between us. The quietness of the morning allowed unspoken words to linger.

I remained frozen until realising how close I was to him, immediately I tried pulling back but Zack pulled my arms and pushed my body over his.

"Don't leave, please. My heads already killing me." He murmured, wrapping his arms around me again.

I wanted to fight but took a back gear, I just...I needed this.

The memories of the night before flashed through my mind as I kept mum for some time.

"I...I need to go and eat my morning medicines." I said, trying to get up but Zack's grip remained tight.

Without saying anything, he pulled out his wallet and I noticed he had one tablet of each medicine I had been taking.

Not letting myself overthink, I took the tablet from him and the glass of water kept on the bed side and quickly gulped down the medicine cringing at the bitter aftertaste.

"That bad?" Zack asked, looked down at me, pushing my hair behind my ear.

This felt so normal yet so foreign all at the same time.

Deciding against answering him, I lay my head down on the chest agin, cuddled up on top of him, wondering how we were going to go forward after this moment was over.

Were we going to a have a huge discussion now?

Was Zack going to change his mind randomly again?

What was he going to do?

"You made a Lego, last night." Zack commented, I remained quiet not replying or responding in any manner.

"When I was making the butterfly, I kept thinking about how you were the butterfly of my life, the most beautiful thing around me and how I made your wings heavier. That, maybe, what I was doing was wrong. Maybe you needed more space, maybe I'd fail to create a safe space for you again. Maybe, maybe, maybe." Zack said, without looking at me and instead staring behind me as if scared to look into my eyes.