E I G H T ( I )

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

C H A P T E R E I G H T

D A Y E I G H T

The constant hammering in my head kept getting worse and worse with each passing moment. Seeking comfort, I nestled closer to Zach's warmth, hoping it would ease my discomfort.

After five more minutes of constant struggle, I finally gave up and groaned in annoyance.

I pulled back from Zack to see a frown on his face while his mouth was slightly open, making me giggle.

I lightly tapped his chin, closing his mouth as his frown remained. Slowly, I pushed his scrunched-up eyebrow away from each other, hoping to ease whatever worry they were carrying on themselves.

"My baby," I murmured affectionately, planting a small kiss on Zach's nose.

"I hope you'll have the best life ever, better than anyone else who has ever lived," I added softly, rubbing my hand against his slightly stubbled cheek.

Zach's hand shot up, catching mine in a firm grip as his eyes fluttered open.

"Why are you always awake before me?" He asked, making me giggle.

"It's a secret," I said.

"You're not really good at keeping it lowkey, all you do is stare at me like a creep," Zach mumbled in his morning voice, making my insides go weak with delight.

"Someone's gotta appreciate the beauty of this world." I snuck back, looking at Zack with a narrowed gaze.

Out of nowhere, he turned my back to his front and pulled me to his chest while muttering, "Sleep."

"I don't want to and can't sleep," I said while snuggling closer.

Zach remained silent and simply tucked his face between my shoulder blade and neck.

"Do you want to meet Lily and Jason?" Zach asked after a few minutes, making me smile.

I didn't really get to meet Lily except for her wedding day, but she seemed like a nice person.

"Oh, I'd like that. How have they been doing?" I asked while playing with Zach's hand, pulling his finger up and down.

"Good, I guess. Keeping to themselves." Zach replied as I nodded.

Jason was one of Zach's few business partners who had become his friend over the years. He married Lily two years ago because of his parents, but neither seemed too happy about the prospect of marriage in the beginning.

"Where are we meeting and when?" I asked again, getting excited at the thought of finally socialising away from work.

"Tonight, Jason has opened a new nightclub in town. It's working in full swing now." Zach noted.

"That's exciting-"I started but shut up when Zach put his hand on my mouth, muffling my voice.

"It sure is exciting. Let's go back to sleep now, alright?" He asked, actually ordered, and immediately closed his eyes and dozed off.

Slowly but surely, the hammering in my head had subsided without me realising, and I soon fell back asleep.

The next time I woke up, it was due to my phone ringing.