{Chapter 3 - from days long ago}

The ship shook fiercely as the blue lion made its way through the wormhole.

To Cori's dismay, her headphones slid off because of the rumbling, fully exposing her ears to the sound, and to what they truly were.

To her luck, the ship exited the wormhole, and she had time to quickly bend down and pick them up before anyone noticed.

"Woah," Lance said, looking shaken. "That was...."

Hunk chose that moment to puke.

Cori plugged her nose from the starting smell.

"So sorry..." Hunk whispered.

"I'm just surprised it took that long." Pidge shrugged.

"I don't recognize any of these constellations," Shiro said, looking at the stars beyond the dash. "We must be a long, long way from Earth."

"The lion seems to want to go to this planet. I... think it's going home." Lance said wonderingly, looking at the planet ahead of them. Its continents were green. Signs of at least some kind of plant life.

It reminded Cori of what she left behind. Green plants underfoot... the forest...

The blue lion broke the atmosphere, solidifying her observation about diverse plant life.

"Guys! Personal space!" Lance complained. "Hunk, your breath is killing me."

"Uhm... is it just me, but is anyone else having second thoughts about flying through a mysterious wormhole? Why are we listening to a robotic lion anyway?"

"Trust the lion." Cori immediately snapped. "It's the one who got us out of that mess."

"Yea. it got us away from the alien warship!" Lance chimed in.

"I don't know if you noticed, but we're in an alien warship," Keith said, stating the obvious to Lance.

"Oh, are you scared?" Lance challenged.

"With you at the helm, everybody is terrified Lance," Cori said, rolling her eyes.

"Alright, knock it off. Nobody's happy to be in this situation but we're here now. If we wanna get through this, we gotta do it together. Where are we headed, Lance?"

Lance shrugged "I don't know. Sorry, the lion's not talking to me anymore. WAIT! Wait wait wait... shhhhh listen. I think I can hear something."

Cori knew what Lance was doing. She knew him long enough to know, anyways. So, she plugged her nose and gave Lance an unamused expression as one by one, the others smelled and realized what exactly he was talking about.

"C'mon, Lance!" Hunk and Keith complained in unison.

"But seriously, there's a castle up ahead," Lance said, with a devious smile still plastered on his face.

The castle was magnificently constructed, and it stood white and elegant against the wilderness backdrop.

The blue lion landed at the gate and lowered its head to let everybody out.

"Keep your guard up," Shiro instructed everybody. "My crew was captured by aliens once. I'm not going to let it happen again."

After everybody was out, the blue lion suddenly reared back it's head, and Cori flinched.

The others were ridiculously yelling about getting eaten. Seriously? It's a ship! There's no way it can eat you.

She squeezed her headphones against her ears as the lion let out a giant roar, which activated and opened the castle gates.