{Bonding With Lance}

Cori slunk through the ship's hallways. Very board. Nyma and Rolo were working on their ship, Hunk was cooking, Keith was sparring, pidge was examining the galra crystal, Shiro was strategizing with Allura, Coran was performing maintenance on the castle, and Lance was doing well... Lance things.

What the quiznak was he doing? She actually had no idea. He was supposed to be painting the lions, but he hadn't done that at all so far.

Out of curiosity, she walked to his room and peeked inside. Then instantaneously regretted it.

Lance was well... dressed in the blue paladin robe, wearing blue lion slippers, wearing a face mask.

Reading a... book???

Wait...

Lance can read???

"Lance reading a book? I never thought I'd see the day," Cori observed smugly, leaning against the doorframe.

Lance jumped, and Cori smirked in accomplishment.

"Cori, what the heck! Can't a guy have some alone time?" Lance complained, hastily closing his book.

Cori shrugged nonchalantly. "Sure, sure. Just didn't expect to find you doing something productive for once. Not the productive thing I've told you to do about ten times now, but productive nonetheless."

Lance rolled his eyes and crossed his arms defensively. "I am productive, thank you very much. Just because I'm not doing exactly what you want me to do doesn't mean I'm not contributing."

"Really? You are?" Cori deadpanned, walking over to Lance and towering over where he was lying on his bed.

Before he had a chance to react, she quickly snatched his book out of his hands to examine it.

She expected it to be something like a romantic novel, but what her eyes met was line after line of neat handwriting, of Transformers fanfiction.

Oh dear.

It appears we're all nerds here after all...

"Transformers? Didn't peg you as a fan," Cori observed, skimming through the first few pages.

Spelling and grammar? Good... the formatting is amazing as well. Ohhh he was writing, not reading.

"Uh, yeah. I've always been a fan. Starscream is awesome." Lance said fiercely. "besides, it's not transformers. It's Gundam. Get it right."

Cori grinned. "Same thing. But, Well, well, well. Lance McClain, the defender of the universe, fanfic writer. Who would've thought? I- I mean... I guess Voltron is also a giant cool robot, so fair enough. Writing fanfics are cool and everything, but are you gonna actually do what I told you to now?"

Lance groaned as if he thought she had forgotten about his responsibilities.

"Fine, fine. I'll paint the lions." Lance sighed, standing up and snatching his notebook out of Cori's hands. "But only if you tell nobody about this, kay? Especially not Hunk. Then I would never hear the end of it."

Cori smirked and held her hand up in a mock salute. "Your secret's safe with me, Lance. Just remember, I've got some good material for blackmail now." she turned and sauntered out of his room thinking of new ways to use this information, leaving Lance to face his neglected duties.