{Chapter 5 - some assembly required}

A force re-directed the oncoming ion cannon attack, sending it to detonate a piece of forest on the other side of the lake instead of hitting the castle. If the paladins had been even a moment too late...

Allura pulled up a closer visual of Sendek's ship, which was currently being obscured by a dust cloud. A pair of yellow glowing eyes shone through the cloud, and it cleared to reveal a giant mech with the black lion as the main body, and the blue, yellow, red, and green lions as the arms and legs.

Okayyyyy, I gotta admit it. That's moderately cool.

CORI: "Try to make it miss the castle more cleanly next time." she hissed over comms.

KEITH: "I can't believe it!" the red paladin said excitedly. He could be other emotions other than moody?

HUNK: "I'm a leg!"

PIDGE: "We formed Voltron!"

CORI: "Ya sure did. I guess I owe Lance a pizza now."

LANCE: "That's right. I'd like pineapple, please."

CORI: "Ew. Pineapple on pizza? What's wrong with you?"

HUNK: "Why are you all talking about food in the middle of a battle?"

LANCE: "What's wrong with me is nothing! What's wrong with you?" he shot back, completely ignoring Hunk's question.

SHIRO: "Cadets, now isn't the time to be talking about pizza toppings."

KEITH: "Shiro's right, team. We need to take out that cannon. Besides, Cori is right."

LANCE: "What? No way!"

PIDGE & CORI: "Not the time, Lance!" they chided in unison.

SHIRO: "Let's get that cannon!" the black paladin called over comms.

Voltron grabbed Sendek's ion cannon with the green and red lions, yanking it completely off of the ship and throwing it to the land below.

Cori winced, hoping it didn't kill anything or anybody.

The giant mech then punched into the galra cruiser, releasing a beam that severed the front from the rest of the hull.

As the scene continued with laser after laser, the ship finally crashed to the planet's surface, no longer a threat.

~~~

"Good work, paladins!" Allura cheered at their success.

Cori snorted.

"Not bad for a bunch of amateur piolets," she said, with her helmet under one arm.

"Hey! I'll have you know when I was with my cargo team-" Lance started. Cori just cocked an eyebrow.

"I'll have you know when I was in the fighter pilot class, I could even sweep Keith into the dust." cori mimicked.

Lance opened his mouth to argue but didn't have the chance.

"We did it." Shiro sighed, looking at the team praisingly.

"Heck yea we did," Keith said, slipping off his helmet to reveal his mullet.

"How did we do it?" Shiro asked.

"I was just like- screaming the whole time," Hunk said, trying to pull off his helmet, which finally succeeded. "Maybe that did it."

"You screaming? I highly doubt that." cori deadpanned.

Pidge looked with a downcast expression to the floor. What was going on with her?