Chapter 2 - Tangled lives

Maitree's house

Maitree is pinning the nameplate in front of house that reads 'Maitree Joshi' along with the address of the house.

As soon as she pinned the plate, newspaper was thrown by the seller to her house. Maitree thanks him and takes the newspaper.

The headline of the news reads 'It's my decision not to work after my marriage: Lavanya Rathore Raichand'

Maitree gives a sigh as she is entering the house.

She reads the article fully and smirks.

"Seems like the girl got stuck in a trap and she is even aware of it

"Seems like the girl got stuck in a trap and she is even aware of it. Even Ananya was like this. Foolish girls!"

She moves to her secret underground room and locked the door. She switched on the AC.

Maitree takes a scissor from her bag and cuts the paper carefully. She sticked the cutout in her billboard.

Her billboard is also filled with the articles of the Raichand's interviews.

'By god's grace, we are in a position which everyone aims for: Anahita Raichand'

'God has given everything to our family but all I wanted is my father's recovery: Krithika Raichand'

'I cannot find anyone better than Armaan' says Riddhima Raichand, fiance' of Armaan Raichand.

Maitree laid a table near the billboard and keeps her laptop on it. She types some code fastly and it shows 8 videos ordered by time. Maitree downloaded all the eight of them. She also types a code to destruct the chip into ashes.

Maitree opens the video by the chronological order.

These are the videos she obtained by inserting a secret chip sized camera in Arjun's shirt.

Video 1: Arjun enters his house and goes to kitchen. He sings pop songs to himself and cooks Mushroom gravy.

Maitree aimlessly fast forwarded it.

Video 2: Arjun comes out of kitchen and goes to his bedroom. His bedroom looks untidy. He murmurs himself to clean it up. He starts cleaning his bedroom.

Maitree fast forwarded the video and completed it.

Video 3: Arjun's doorbell was knocked. Arjun moves faster to the door and he opens it.

[Maitree's interpretations are in italic]

Maitree slows the video and focusses on it. She couldn't see the person as the person and wondered why.