Chapter 8 - Maitree in a conundurum

Maitree - "Stop making baseless allegations on me."

Akshay - "We have proofs against you. However skilled a thief can be. But somewhere he commits a blunder. And the blunder helps people like me to find people like you."

Arjun smirked while Maitree is nervous.

Arjun - "Tell me, what is your motive?"

Maitree - "I am innocent. You people are misunderstanding me."

A vase breaks inside Maitree's bedroom.

Maitree is shocked. Arjun gets up and runs towards the room and Maitree is behind him.

10 hours back (2.15 PM)

Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh

Golden Temple is crowded with devotees who are waiting to attend the special puja that is scheduled in the evening. They are singing praises for Lord Shiva. The whole environment is looking pious and serene. 

Luckily for the devotees' sake, the sun is neither scorching with its maximum temperature. Still the effect of heat is visible. 

As soon as a car was parked over the temple's entrance, the crowd is distracted and they started looking at the car.

Business tycoon Vaibhav Raichand comes from the car. 

A portion of crowd surrounded him

A portion of crowd surrounded him. A family consisting two men and three women fall in his legs.

One of the two men says, "Thanks so much, Vaibhav ji. Because of your mercy only, my son's cancer operation went successfully. He is living now only because of you."

Vaibhav smiled and lifted everyone up.

Vaibhav tells them, "God is residing in the temple. Please thank him. I am just one of his devotees like you. And I am doing what god has told me."

They folded his hands to him and stepped sideward.

He starts walking into the temple.

A lady comes and falls before him to Vaibhav's shock. Vaibhav asked his security guards to lift her up.  As they lift up, they noticed that she is holding an infant. Vaibhav grows concerned and checks if the baby and the lady are fine.

He offered water to the lady. 

The lady smiled to him and handed the baby to him.

The lady - "Vaibhav ji... I have delivered a girl child today. Please bless her and name her."

Vaibhav - "For meeting me, you ran this far. What if something happened to you?"

The lady smiled, "Nothing will happen to me if a poor and unlucky woman like me could have a god like you. You took responsibility of my elder child's whole education and paid for husband's treatement. I just wish if you bless her to become someone like you."