003

As much as I tried to ignore it, I couldn't deny it any longer — someone was knocking on my door. I groaned and rolled over onto my back, my eyes fluttering open to be greeted by light shining into the room through the gaps in the blinds. I had no clue what time it was and didn't appreciate being woken from what had been a peaceful sleep. I reluctantly stumbled out of bed and looked through the little peephole in the hotel room door to see my sister waiting on the other side.

"Get dressed," Hayley said the minute I threw open the door, "otherwise we'll miss breakfast."

"Hello to you too," I muttered. Everyone in my family was just so pleasant.

I invited Hayley inside before rifling through my suitcase for something to wear. I decided to ask her about her and Trent and listened as she told me everything, from their first date to the first 'I love you.' I just couldn't believe my sister had managed to keep the whole relationship a secret for so long.

"Jude's going to be heartbroken," I joked.

"Not my problem. I always made it clear that I didn't like him like that," Hayley said.

"And then you proceeded to flirt with him every time you saw each other. Mixed signals, Hayley."

She rolled her eyes. "Spare the lecture, Hannah, and hurry the fuck up. I'm starving."

During breakfast, Hayley and Trent told everyone that they were dating, resulting in mixed reactions. Some already suspected that something was going on, whilst others were pleasantly surprised. I risked a glance at Jude whilst Trent was breaking the news to him — he didn't look pleased. I sort of felt sorry for him considering we were pretty much in the same boat — I understood how soul-crushing it was when the strong feelings you had for someone weren't reciprocated.

Afterwards, Hayley suggested that we go check out the pool before we had to leave. When we got down there, we were glad to find that it was empty. Erling cannonballed into the water and Jadon jokingly shoved Jobe into the pool. I laughed at the childish display, sitting beside the pool and dipping my toes into the warm water.

All of a sudden, I lost my grip on the side of the pool and felt two hands shoving me into the water. "Hey!" I called out once I resurfaced, turning to confront the culprit. When I saw Jude laughing at the side of the pool, however, my smile disappeared. "Fuck you, Bellingham," I grumbled.

"Bet you're glad you won't have to drive him back to the airport," Jobe said with a laugh.

"Yep, it's the best news I've heard all week," I replied.

"Anyone else shocked about Trent and Hayley?" Jadon asked as he and Erling swam up beside us.

"I was convinced her and Jude were going to get together," Erling added.

"We all were," Jobe said. The four of us turned in unison to glance at Hayley and Trent who were putting on a disgusting display. Hayley's arms were snaked around the back of Trent's neck and he was holding her close to him, planting kisses on her forehead and her nose and her lips.

"I'm gonna be sick," I muttered.

Jobe laughed. "Come on, let's go," he said to me as he climbed out of the pool.

"Where are we going?"

"I dunno. Somewhere far away from the lovebirds, I suppose."

"Sounds good to me."

"Hey, wait up little bro!" Jude said, following after us when we tried to make a swift exit.

"Kill me now," I mumbled under my breath, quiet enough that the Bellingham brothers couldn't hear me.