011

"Fuck," Chloe exclaimed as we both watched in despair as Jamal Musiala scored a last minute winner, sending Bayern Munich three points clear of Dortmund. The home crowd erupted into cheers as Chloe and I stayed seated. I leaned forwards, putting my head in my hands. Dortmund had done so well in the second half of the game, managing to equalise after conceding two goals in the early moments of the match. Unfortunately, it looked like it wasn't going to be enough as the Bayern Munich players celebrated once again.

We went to find Jude and Gio the moment the referee blew the whistle for full time. Gio hung his head in defeat as Chloe pulled him into a hug. Jude came over moments later with Karim trailing behind him, both of them absolutely fuming.

"What an absolute joke!" Jude exclaimed. "That goal should never have been allowed. Marco was fouled for god's sake!"

"Don't even get me started on the penalty we should've had," Karim muttered.

"This happens every fucking season," Jude snapped, "we go on a winning streak and then completely bottle it half way through."

"It's not all over yet," Chloe explained calmly, "you'll have more chances to overtake Bayern's lead."

"I hope so," Gio said, "but I don't see them dropping points anytime soon."

Jude met my gaze. "I'm sorry that you didn't win," I said to him, "you played really well."

He smiled sadly. "Thanks, Hannie."

Gio sighed. "Can we just get out of here? The Bayern fans' chanting is really starting to irritate me," he said.

"Yeah let's go," Chloe said. She turned to me and Jude. "You two coming?"

"Er no, me and Jude are going to get something to eat first," I answered.

Chloe eyes flicked from me to Jude. "Is that so?" She asked, a smirk appearing on her lips. "Alright then. We'll meet you back at the hotel."

"I hope this can cheer you up a little," I said once they'd gone, turning back to Jude. He raised an eyebrow, watching in silence as I shrugged off my coat. I turned around, showing him the name and number printed on the back of my Dortmund shirt. Sure enough, when I turned to see the expression on Jude's face, there was a wide smile on his lips, a huge contrast to the sullen look he'd been wearing moments ago.

"Told you you'd look good with Bellingham on your back," he acknowledged.

I jokingly rolled my eyes as I pulled my coat back on. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." I paused. "But just so you know, despite everything that happened, you were my man of the match tonight."

Warmth blazed in Jude's eyes as he looked down at me, his lips curled up into a permanent grin. "That might just be the nicest thing you've ever said to me," he said.

"I told you I could be nice."

"Hmm, does this mean you'll also pay for dinner tonight?"

"Don't push your luck, Bellingham. We're going halves."

Jude laughed. "Didn't think so. Right, let's get out of here."

We headed outside to the car that was waiting for us. I could hear the sound of Bayern fans singing in the distance, slightly irritated to hear them so joyful when Dortmund had suffered a loss. We drove past the crowd as they filed out of the stadium, spilling out onto the streets and causing chaos for the traffic that was starting to build up. "Thank god the windows are blacked out," I said.