Chapter 25

Dabi and Eri

Requested by No1Erifan

Dabi had always loved kids, but he knew he wouldn't be able to ever have any of his own. He carried a picture of his family in his wallet, Endeavors face scratched out of it. He would look at the picture everyday, just to see his little siblings young and innocent faces smile up at him, even if they didn't know it. When this picture was taken, Shoto was still only a year old, but he had the biggest smile of them all as his big brother Touya held him. Dabi felt blood run from the stitches under his eye, his way of crying since his tear ducts were permanently damaged, preventing him from actually crying. He wiped away the blood as Toga jumped on him. He panicked and crumpled up the photo in his fist, immediently wishing he didn't as he grit his teeth. 

"Jesus christ, Toga. Must you?" He grumbled. 

"Y'know i do!! Cmon, Chisaki said he had a new recruite. Crusty isnt too happy about it, since he brought them in without talking to him first." Toga spoke, bouncing on her heels as she stood back up. Dabi rolled his eyes.

"Jeez. This one better not be a fucking gremlin like the rest of you. I always have to handle you bastards, even though Shigaraki is the damn leader." he huffed as he stood up, discreetly tucking the crumpled up picture in his back pocket as he followed behind the blonde. 

They walked into the LOV living-room where Shigaraki was sulking and pissed, partially because Overhaul brought someone new without talking to him first, and also because Spinner cut off his game without even letting him save his progress first. "I lost several hours of progress, you damn amphibian." 

"Correction, I'm a reptile. And I don't care. You should have listened to Kurogiri when he told you to cut it off in the first place" Spinner rolled his eyes from his position in the beat up old recliner. 

"Why do I have to be here." Dabi rolled his eyes as he shoved Compress off the couch and took his place as the villian cursed him out and flipped him off. "Get over it, bitch" he rolled his eyes at him. 

"Why are any of us here?!" Shigaraki yelled and crossed his arms as he looked at Overhaul who glared at him with his yellow eyes.  

"Shut up and maybe i'll tell you." He said through his mask as he tapped the arm of the chair slowly and menacingly. The room went quiet, everyone just wanted to go back to what they were doing. Overhaul got up and went into one of the rooms before walking back out, holding a little girl in his arms, she had long silvery hair, red eyes and a little horn poking out of her forehead. "This is our new recruite, Eri." he spoke.

"What the- Thats a little girl!!" Toga yelled. 

Shigaraki looked at her. "You seem to forget that we took you in when you were her age too." Dabi looked at the little girl, she was terrified and her eyes looked like she was pleading and begging for help. 

"Please.. sir.. I want to go home to my mommy..." She begged as she looked at Overhaul. The air was trapped in Dabi's throat as his chest burned and ached. She was here against her will.. And what were all of those bandages on her arms and legs.. 

"They hell is she covered in bandages for?" Spinner said, practically reading his mind. 

"Her quirk. She can reverse the state of a living being, rewinding them to a severe injury or even out of existence. Ive been using her blood to create a weapon to take the hero's out." He spoke. 

'What the hell... I have to save her.. he's turning her into a weapon.. just like...'  Dabi's palms burned as he forced down the urge to throw a flameball at Chisaki. He'd just wait until later to rescue her. Even villians have moral codes. 

.

.

.

Later that night when everyone was sleeping, Dabi snuck into Toga's room where Eri was sleeping. He picked her up out of her bed and held her close, pulling a blanket tight around her to keep her warm. He had a bookbag on his back, filled with snacks, water and a little stuffed unicorn that he stole from the store earlier that day. He carried her out of the house after checking to make sure no one was following him. Once he was out of sight and earshot of the house, he gently woke the little girl up, setting her down on a patch of grass. She looked up at him and yawned as she rubbed her eyes. 

"I'm taking you home to your mommy" He said softly to her as he pulled his bag off his back and opened it, handing her the unicorn and a bottle of water. She gasped softly and took the unicorn. 

"Mommy gave me one just like this!! but the mean man ruined it..." She frowned as she hugged the unicorn close and tried to open the bottle of water, struggling to do so. Dabi smiled everso slightly and took the bottle, twisting open the cap and handing it back to her. He watched as she chugged down the water as if she hadn't drank in days.. which knowing Chisaki, he probably didn't give her anything to drink.. or eat for that matter... he reached into the bag again and pulled out a little bag of chips and handed it to her as he helped her stand up. 

"Where does your mommy live?" He asked, holding her hand as they walked through the woods to the city. 

"She lives in a little red house. Its next to the fishy pond" She said as she munched on the chips, waddling along beside him. He nodded and they continued their walk. He knew where she was talking about, he used to pass that house after school everyday. As they continued walking, Dabi noticed Eri's walk getting slower. 

"Feet hurt?" he asked, noticing she didn't have her shoes on. He cursed himself silently for not putting her shoes on before leaving. She nodded and Dabi leaned down and picked her up, wrapping the blanket around her again as he felt her shiver. 

"You're warm" She giggled and pushed her face into his shoulder, little hands holding onto his jacket tightly. Dabi smiled. 

"Its my quirk" He said softly as he walked down the quiet city streets. Although it was a city, the streets were quiet at night. 

"Woahh, you have a quirk too?! Are you allowed to use it?" She asked as she pushed back from his shoulder and looked at him. Dabi smiled and nodded. 

"Yes i am. But i have to be carful with it. Your quick will be helpful someday when you get older" He spoke as he saw the little red house a little bit away. He pulled up his hood and mask, he didn't need the mother calling the police on him. He walked up the front porch and knocked on the door, silently praying it was dark enough that her mother wouldn't be able to recognize him. he raised his fist and knocked on the door twice. He heard movement from inside as the door opened and a woman answered. 

"mommy!!!" Eri yelled and reached out for the woman. She gasped and took her little girl from his arms. 

"Oh Eri! Baby i missed you so much." She sobbed and held her close, looking at Dabi. "Thank you.. so so much" She spoke as she reached for her purse and pulled out a couple hundreds. "Thank you for returning my baby, take this.." She tried to hand dabi the money but he refused. 

"Only doing what i would want someone to do if my little girl was missing. Keep it" he spoke softly. She practically burst out into tears again. It wasnt hard to tell that this was a very low income family. She seemed so relieved and thankful. "Take care now. Bye bye Eri" He waved before turning to leave. 

"Bye bye, Mr. Nice man!!!"