Oasis

The three of them regrouped with the others. Schop sat down and rested by rock but Ogun created a fire knife and put the tip of it on the mole's throat.

Ogun: What the hell are you!?

Takeru: He's an evil mole that steals potatoes!

Pan: *Fwit* Mind if we ask you about yourself *Fwit*

Schop: I came from west of here, a place called Oasis. It was nothing like these badlands there were plants and water. It was a real paradise.

Viktor: An Oasis in a wasteland like this...

Pan: It's hard to believe.

Schop: I lived with a bunch of my neighbors, but we were all driven out.

Then the noise of cawing was heard. Everyone looked up and saw a group crows in the sky.

Shinra: Guess you can find crows anywhere.

Schop: Hey that's... Yo! Yata!

One of the crows came down and perched itself on a rock.

Yaya: Hey Schop! Who are your friends?

Schop: That crow is one of my neighbors from the oasis.

Yata: Are you soldiers from Xinqing Dao? It's not every day we see you this far inland.

Schop: I borrowed some potatoes from Xinqing Dao and they caught me.

Yata: Are you dense? If you're stupid enough to get caught, just stay underground forever.

Takeru: First a talking mole, now a talking crow.

(Y/n): Feels like we're in some sort cartoon or something...

Shinra: We're from the Fire Force.

Schop: The Fire Force?

Yata: What would they be doing out here?

Viktor we're here to investigate.

Pan: We can talk later! I know we won't have trouble starting a fire... But we're camping here tonight, and it'll be a pain to set up after dark.

- Timeskip -

The fire crackled, and Tamakai sat next to it toasting up a marshmallow.

Schop: So you want to go to the Oasis and investigate the Adolla Burst?

(Y/n): Basically.

Pan: Is it the Adolla effect that makes it so you can talk like humans?

Yata: Ah!? Hell if I know. Most of us are like the birds behind me... Can't speak a lick.

The crows behind Yata started cawing.

Viktor: It's your turn to tell us about yourselves.

Pan: You said you were driven out of the Oasis?

Schop: Yeah, this mysterious gang showed up one day... They weren't interested in talking. They just started attacking all of us who lived there. We haven't been able to go back since.

Pan: And you ran out of food... So you started stealing potatoes?

Schop: My molehill has turned into a mountain of rage.

(Y/n) looked around and saw Shinra and Ogun looking out into the distance. He got up to join them.

(Y/n): What are you two doing?

Shinra: Look.

Shinra pointed out into the distance. Several lights started to appear.

Ogun: They're... Really pretty. Like stars down on Earth...