Tabernacle

<Is it... Is it really her?>

[It has to be...]

(Y/n) eyed the tabernacle in shock but was able to compose himself quickly.

Shinra seemed to have also heard something as he stood still.

Viktor: Are you alright, Shinra? That look on your face... Did you just...?

Shinra: Yes... I heard a voice.

Viktor: So it was an Adolla Link? And you heard a voice? Whose voice? Do you think it was the bandits' leader?

Shinra: No... I really don't know exactly... But it sounded like it was coming from that Amaterasu Tabernacle.

Viktor: Well that confirms that the tabernacle is using an Adolla Burst. But can you link with inorganic matter?

Schop: Do you get it now? They don't talk, just attack.

(Y/n): Tell us what you know about the tabernacle.

(Y/n) grew more serious.

Schop: The Tabernacle is the most important thing in the world to us.

(Y/n): Did it create this Oasis?

Schop: No. It happened a little while after the Great Cataclysm destroyed the world. A traveller showed up one day. She was a human woman wearing robes of the purest black. Before she came, all we animals could do in this barren wasteland was wait around for death, but she preached to us, and taught us to speak.

Schop paused for a moment before continuing.

Schop: The flame she conjured was so warm. The next thing I knew, my hunger was gone, and I had a lot more years ahead of me than I'd had before. But one day, she restored the long ruined tabernacle and disappeared. The Tabernacle is what have is the Oasis, and what kept us alive. We owe everything to her... She might come back here one day, and we're going to keep this tabernacle safe until she does.

Tamaki: Where did she go?

Yata: That was the last anyone ever saw of her.

Schop: She needs a place to come home to, and we can't let those bastards take it from her!

Viktor: And I'm betting that tabernacle corresponds to the location we're here to investigate.

Pan: Let's go.

They walked through the forest to get closer to the tabernacle.

Shinra: How did those bandits survive in the wasteland before they came to the Oasis?

Yata: I don't know. Survival isn't really an issue for them, is it?

Shinra: Not an issue?

<Infernals>

[No other explanation]

As they walked to the tabernacle they saw a humanoid figure in their path.

Schop: There! I see on!

Shinra: A human!

Yata: Ex-human.

The figure turned and revealed to be a hooded Infernal.

Viktor was then suddenly caught in a trap and was getting dragged through the trees.

Viktor: H-HELP ME!

Shinra: Licht!

Pan: *Fwit* It's a trap!

Shinra: You should've told us they're Infernals!

Yata: Of course they're Infernals! Out here they're all Infernals!