Chapter 3

Tristan stares at Y/n dumbfounded, "Sorry what? Humiliated you? Where'd you even get the idea from? Look, I know I told you to go there and everything but I didn't know what he had planned, I promise I wasn't in on it! I just-"

"Then why didn't you try to talk to m-" She interrupted, but before, she could say any more. She realized that he did try to talk to her, he did try to explain but she just completely ignored him. "Oh." She mumbled.

"It was all just miscommunication in the end. What was wrong with you though? Before you left the school in 5th grade, why did you tell everyone about my parents getting divorced? I understand you probably hated me at that time but was it really that hard to keep that one bit a secret?" He complained.

"Me? I didn't tell anyone about anything, Tristan. I would never do that to you. The one person I was so close to at one point. I could never do that. Your secrets was always with me and I never spread anything."

"Fuck, I knew you would never do that. I couldn't bring myself to believe it but I did anyways, god we're so stupid." He laughed while putting his hand towards his head. "So does this count as a truce? Can we become as close as we were before?" He added slightly tilting his head.

"Yeah, of course." She genuinely smiled at him. "Truce."

Look how easy that could've been resolved years ago, but these two never seemed to explain one thing or another. After, the reconcilement, they heard shuffling from the other side of the door. Y/n's head quickly turned. "Do you hear tha-" interrupted once again.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Someone murmured from the other side of the door. "Yes! Two people, please open the door!" Y/n said quickly getting up and fixing herself. She holds out a hand to Tristan in an effort to help him up. He takes the hand and stands up too.

"Thanks, princess." He mumbled.

As they both stood, the door has already been unlocked and open. Before, they could go anywhere. The staff made sure to give them a fair warning and to be more responsible and careful of their surroundings.

As Y/n was about to go to the office to give the new kid a tour, Tristan stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Sorry, I'm just wondering, If I could come with you to show the dude around too?" Tristan said pleading a little bit.

"Huh? Oh um sure? I'm sure he wouldn't mind." She replied. She obviously thinks that he would mind, based on how she was asked earlier. The emphasis on only her was too blatant.

As they both walked side to side, on their way to the office. Tristan started conversing with her. "So, what's up with you and him? It seems like he likes you."

"Yeah, I can tell too. I don't want to straight up reject him though; so, I think I could just act clueless for now and hope he'll get the hint."

"Or maybe, I could scare him away for you." Tristan said glancing at you. "You'd do that for me?" Y/n said in disbelief as she turned to look at him back and smiled.

"Why wouldn't I? I can already tell you're too good for him." He said rolling his eyes back. "I'm flattered, but I think he can take a hint pretty soon."

As they arrived, they saw him sitting down patiently. He noticed the two arriving and looked up, with a bit of a disappointed look. "Hey uh, I don't think we ever got each others name." Y/n announced embarrassed.

"How come we never asked for each others name, so embarrassing god." She thought. "Right, my name is Eli, Elijah."

"Great! We know your name, eli elijah. My name is Tristan, she is Y/n. Can we get this tour over with?" Tristan said in a hurry.