Chapter 7

"TRISTAN!"

"Huh? What? Yeah?" He said snapping out of his thoughts. "You've been looking at the distance spaced out! Can't you give some attention to your girlfriend?" Summer complained.

"Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind.." he said slowly returning back to his train of thoughts. He can't help but see how Y/n reacted. Maybe it was just his imagination but he felt as if she was hurt seeing him and Summer.

Then again, he doesn't want to get his hopes up. After all, she was going on a date before the play. This is the first time since Oliver that he's seen Y/n get all excited about some boy. He didn't realize his feelings before but now he does and he doesn't want to lose Y/n.

She's finally back in his life and now he really wants to pursue her but, he just can't seem to bring himself to. Don't get him wrong, he's tried moves. Subtle moves. Calling her nicknames, going over to pick her up even when he'll be late for school, just being there for her in general.

Upon realizing all he's done, maybe he should do more. Everything he's done up to this point can be easily seen as a "friend" thing. How he handled the situation last night didn't look too good though.

After the argument last night with Y/n, he immediately called up someone he didn't like but knew the person liked him, and that was Summer. She's liked him since last summer. Ironic, right?

Although, Tristan never shared the same feelings back. He thought she was ridiculous and too friendly with anyone she sees. He thought if "I fuck anything that moves" is a person then that would be Summer. After calling her up, and just talking. He asked her to be a temporary girlfriend for him.

She obviously obliged. She's not one to turn down a fun challenge but, she has no idea what's going on between Tristan and Y/n. All she knows is that being temporary for Tristan Dugray isn't too bad. His presence is godly. And that sex appeal is amusing.

In the morning, Dugray picked her up and they hit it off once they got in the hallway. He thought it was a good idea because he knows exactly where Y/n's locker is at but, he regretted it as soon as he saw Y/n's face.

It didn't show too much change in the facial expression but he knew. He knew she didn't like it. And Tristan never likes doing stuff Y/n doesn't like. In all honesty, he was like a puppy. Always lost and doesn't know what to do without the owner being there.

Not that Tristan has a kink for that kind of thing...it's just a example of the bond!

As Tristan kept thinking and just completely ignoring Summer's presence. He saw a familiar face! ...with a not so familiar face. They entered the cafeteria laughing as they sat down. It was Y/n and some dude.

Jealousy grows inside him. Before he could think of doing anything, Summer noticed where he was staring and saw the two. She began to catch on, and stood up loudly and walked away. Tristan was surprised. He begins to run after her. "Hey? Hey!? Where are you going?" Tristan asked trying to catch up to her.

"Nowhere near you! I agreed to be your girlfriend temporarily but that doesn't mean you can't act like my boyfriend and look at other girls! Would anyone even believe us at this point?" She angrily yelled.

Thank god that by this time they were out the cafeteria, or else other people would have heard. "Quiet down!" Tristan whisper-yelled.

"No one is here. No one can hear me. Back to my point, I know that you're madly in love with Y/n. I can tell, Tristan. Everyone can! Can't you both just not bring others in your situation. Just realize your feelings for eachother already!"

"I have! I have always known my feelings for her. I have always prioritized her but...I- I'm a coward! And I don't think she shares the same feelings.." He confessed.