Chapter 11

"I honestly...I think I just want to go home for now, I'm sorry." Rory said hesitantly, afraid she might disappoint Y/n. "Alright, that's fine. Go home and rest." Y/n said still speaking in a soft tone.

"Oh before you go, you should take our gift, we forgot to put it by the living room." Tristan added looking over to Y/n. "Right! Here...it's not much but we hoped it'd be to your appeal." She said as she grabs the gift box from out of her bag.

Slowly reaching it over to Rory. Rory stars unwrapping it, and gasps. "I...I don't know what to say..thank you! But I mean I can't accept this?! How much did it cost?"

"That's one question no gift receiver should ever ask, Rory. Don't you know the rules?" Y/n said sarcastically rolling her eyes while smiling at her. "I- ..sorry, this is just amazing. Thank you..." Rory replied mouth still agape admiring the necklace.

"I hope it better made your day.." Tristan said.

"It did..thank you guys.."

Y/n and Tristan nodded as a 'you're welcome' towards her.

~

"I think that went pretty well." Tristan said glancing at Y/n as they walk towards his car. "It did." Y/n smiled to herself.

"So, um since you and this Asher guy thing isn't working out too well, do you have any time you're free? We could go to the movies or something.." Tristan asked hesitantly.

'Wait does he mean like...a date?' She thought as she stopped dead in her tracks and turned to him. "Like a date?" She questioned feeling heat rise to her cheeks.

"I mean, if you want it to be! I just want to hang out with you sin-"

Before he could finish his sentences, he was stopped by sudden footsteps going towards them. He turned to look over and saw Asher.

"Hey, man, uh can I maybe take Y/n for a little bit?" He asked kind of glaring at Tristan. Tristan looked back at him questionably. "Yeah sure go ahead." He responded feeling a little down he couldn't finish.

As for Y/n, she was in shock. Since when was Asher there? She followed after him nevertheless leaving Tristan looking back at them. She looked at him and motioned that she's confused by the whole thing.

They finally stopped where no one could hear them and Asher looked down at her. "I'm sorry." Two words. That was all he said. Did he mean it? "What? No! No, don't be sorry! I-it's my fault. I should have really considered your feelings and what it meant to you, seriously I-" she rambled shocked that he was the one who said sorry and looked troubled but before she could continue..

She was cut off by a sudden kiss.

He reached one hand towards her face, the other towards her waist to pull her in and kissed her passionately before shortly letting go. "I'm sorry. I should have at least talked to you more about it and I was just insecure and clearly, I was a dumbass for it. Thank you for giving me time." He said genuinely.

"Really? I mean, of course. I would give you time and don't worry, it really it's your fault!" She looks at him sorrowful as her hands laid on his shoulders.

In the meanwhile, Tristan can still see where they were and was heartbroken by the sudden kiss. He thought he finally had his moment, but I guess, the time is just never right. He'll just have to wait again. But why?

Why should he wait endlessly? Again and again? So what if Asher and Y/n are suddenly good now? Why should that stop him?

Tristan completely rivaled with his own mindset and told himself that he was going to take the initiative and that once Y/n gets back to where Tristan wants her at. He is going to steal her. He is going to get her. He is endgame.

He looks back at them glaring. He doesn't care if Asher didn't do anything to him. He hates his guts now. He wasn't going to get his girl like that. Y/n finally starts making her way back to Tristan. She smiled.

"So what were you saying? This Saturday?" Y/n questioned looking up at him.

"Yeah, this Saturday. I see you and Asher made up??"

"Yeah long story short, we did but since we're just hanging out as friends like you were saying, we can still go!"

"I would like that. I would like some of your time, it's been a while unless I'm just getting greedy now." He chuckled. "I'm sorry, I promise I'll spend more time with you! Now let's go, I need to change I feel pained by these heels." She taunted him as she grabs his arm and pulls him.

He stops her. "Here." He said hurrying to go in front of her and crouches. "W-what?"

"Actually wait here, you seem cold.." he said getting back up and taking his jacket off and putting it on Y/n, then going back to his original spot.

Y/n was shocked and flustered. She never would've expected this from him but she eventually sighed, gave up and went on his shoulders.

She rested her face on his shoulders, trying to hide her rose colored cheeks smiling. "Thank you.." she mumbled. In return, he giggled.

"What's so funny?" She said putting her face back up and glaring at him.

"Sorry, it's just that...when we were younger, you always told me how this was how Prince Charming was supposed to act and I figured doing it right now might earn me some points." He smiled and looks over at her.

She freezes at the close proximity before promptly digging her face back on his shoulder. "What do you even mean by points, dummy.." she mumbled once again, feeling drowsy and confused by what he meant.

"You'll know soon enough..." He said as he opens the passenger seat and placed Y/n carefully. He closes the door and goes to his seat and starts driving.

In truth, Y/n knows exactly what's happening. What he meant by this "hangout" and earning points and lending her his jacket. She just didn't want to believe it.

The moment she has always wanted, the romance that she craved, the patience and values she wanted in a man was finally here but instead, she's here realizing feelings for another man?

However, she couldn't help it. As Tristan was driving, she looks over to him. She finds herself captivated in Tristan's mesmerizing eyes, which always seemed to hold a world of depth.

"Didn't realize you were awake?" He chuckled as he looks over to you and back on the road.

The way Tristan's laughter fills the air, bringing joy to any moment, has become irresistible to Y/n. Each time she catches a glimpse of Tristan's smile ever so often, her heart skips a beat, and she feels an unexplainable warmth throughout her body, as if she feels at home.

The childhood bond they currently have going on might just turn into something more profound and romantic...

"I like yo...ur smile..." Y/n accidentally speaks out loud.

"Thank you, I like yours too. Odd though, you aren't the type to give compliments like that.." he laughed once again.

'..what's happening to me..' Y/n thought as she feels her cheeks getting hot by the second.

___________

SORRY FOR THE VERY VERY LATE UPDATE 😭
I'm hitting writers block, I swear I had so much planned in my head but now I'm so clueless. Ok so next chapter is gonna be like a week of school b4 winter break

And then I'm going to figure something out by then on what to do w these two for the break (if that made sense...) 😁 kinda short chapter but I just wanted to serve tbh