Chapter 14

As Tristan entered the new profound store by the block that Y/n requested a cake from, He saw a familiar face. Asher was sitting down with another girl. They were both smiling and just eating. He found this heavily distracting and got mad. "Yo Asher? Right?" He approached them and asked.

"Tristan? What are you doing here?" Asher said stood back. He took his drink that he was holding down on the table. "Oh you know, just getting cake for Y/n. So, who's this?" Tristan calmly smiling said looking over to the girl. The girl had a faint blush on her face upon seeing Tristan.

"She-" Asher gets cut off. "My name is Zoe. It's nice to meet you." She said standing up to greet him. "Oh it's nice to meet you, Zoe. What's the relation here?" He said further asking.

"I'm from the countryside and came here to visit a distant relative which is Asher...I didn't know they had boys like you around here." Zoe said hinting.

Tristan obviously caught on, but now that he had known Asher and whoever this girl was, was nothing serious, he let it go and just went to get the cake.

"Haha, Not sure what you mean, just like every other boy here. Well it's nice to meet you, Zoe. Come by more often. And Asher, nice seeing you." Tristan said before grabbing the cake he had originally came for.

He headed out to his car and went back to the house. As he approached the door, he heard a faint noise from the other side of the roadway. "Goodness, you are drunk out of your mind." He catched a glimpse of them..

Tristan quickly came in the house and went up to Y/n's room. He was sure that was her father and mother were together...for once.

"Huh? You good? You came in a rush, huh.." she giggled before hovering him to come by her side with the cake.

"Hey, maybe this isn't a good time considering I got a really good cake but I think your mother and father is home. They came home together." Tristan slowly walked to her before sitting down with the cake.

"Huh? Funny joke, Tristan. Now let me get that sweet delicious aroma from that box." She said sarcastically giggling before grabbing the box and fork.

"No, I'm being serious. Like they were actually down there together. Oh and your mothers drunk. She's slurring." He said like a gossiping aunt.

"Now I don't even have an appetite for the cake anymore.." she said finally believing him. "Should I go down and greet them?" She added.

"I mean, it is your parents and they're probably going to call you down any time now." He replied. Y/n suddenly stood up grabbing the box of cake and putting it in her mini fridge. "Should you come along?" She asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea knowing the issue with your mom. Just come back up, if you think it's too much for you. I'll be here waiting."

"Just for you." He added smiling as reassurance.

"Thank you, Tristan." She smiled back. She then proceeds to open the door and slowly make her way down the stairs. As soon as she got down, her father spotted her motioning for her to come over in the study. Most likely, a family meeting.

She hurried down the hall, went inside the study, and closed the door behind her. Her mother was sitting anxiously at the sofa looking pale. Her father was standing up with a strained face.

"Go and take a seat, Y/n." Her father said calmly. She took a seat opposite to her mothers side. "Your mother and I were having a talk earlier and we needed to hear your thoughts about this."

Y/n stayed still listening intently. "I heard about the situation and I'm thinking of getting a divorce. She thinks so too.."

"I never agreed. Don't try and change my words." She exclaimed harshly.