Chapter 9

The day of the play has come. Y/n still hasn't gotten over the memories that her and Asher shared. She felt content with him. It's currently morning at Y/n's house and everyone in the cast is over. They are repeating their lines to eachother, making sure to remember but also, making sure not to tire themselves out.

Tristan is back to his old self. It seems like he's trying to just thug it out on the fact she went on a date last night. If he's going to win her over, acting petty and whatnot won't do.

"Princess, do you think you could serve us some brunch at around 11? I'm starving." Tristan pleaded while looking over at Y/n. "Or we could go to a restaurant, it's my treat. I got allowance from my dad earlier."

Y/n suddenly looks sad at him. She knows that the moment of giving the allowance probably took within a minute. She knows that Tristan's dad thinks money equals affection and care for his son.

"Tristan, can I talk to you for a second?" She asked.

"Yeah sure."

They both go in a room where no one can hear. "Are you okay? How'd it go? Did he deliver it by a maid again?" Y/n starts bombarding him with questions heavily concerned about him. "You can stay the night."

"No it-it's fine. I got the money from him but he only said to take good care of it and left for a business trip or whatever." He says hesitantly. "Hey but seriously don't worry. You know I'm used to it."

"It's never okay to be used to something so horrible. I'm sorry, Tristan. Seriously, stay the night here after the play, okay?" She said going ahead to hug him as she finished her sentence. "Thanks, Y/n."

As she was about to head out, Tristan grabbed her wrist. "I'm sorry. You know, for uh, getting angry at you about the date. Speaking of it, how'd it go?" He asked releasing her wrist.

"God don't worry about that! We used to always get in to small arguments like that! And it went well, thank you, Tristan." She giggled at him.

~

"Okay everybody! Does everyone have their costumes on!? And get over here! we have to practice" Paris yelled getting impatient.

"Ok ok yes we're here." Y/n said coming out the other backstage door with Tristan and the others. They currently have an hour on the clock before the play. They needed to practice more considering Paris didn't forget Y/n's absence yesterday.

"We'll practice the last scene first. Tristan, Y/n, everybody get in your positions!" Paris yelled.

The last scene to be the first scene has got to be absurd. Y/n was a little nervous since they did practice this more than a few times, but most of them weren't including the kiss.

As the rest got into the position, and Y/n layer across the stone. She slowly closed her eyes. The scene starts. While she can hear every line get closer to the final part. She feels Tristan's hands on hers. He says his final line and goes towards her face.

Y/n can feel him getting closer, somehow everything is go in slow motion. As his lips connect to hers, she felt a certain spark. She did not know of this feeling, though she wonders why she has only felt it now? Even though she hasn't been close to him?

Unconsciously she leaned in causing Tristan to be surprised but nonetheless, returned it.

"Alright alright! Stop!" Paris yelled in disgust.

He slowly returned back. As he did, Y/n's face came into view and she was flustered. Embarrassed of her own doings. She knew she wasn't supposed to kiss back but she doesn't know what came over her.