Chapter Three: Initiation

As the morning sun rose over Beacon, its light shined into the ballroom, rousing the aspiring students from their slumber. Silver woke up early, his body telling him that he needed to go back to sleep. He dropped from his perch and landed on his feet, getting dressed in his combat attire, which was a black and silver trenchcoat, over some body armor that was grey in coloring, along with black gloves and combat boots. It was fashionable as well as functional, which was why he kept it after leaving the White Fang.

Around the same time, another person was waking up, and the first thing that graced his vision was a ginger haired girl giving him a goofy grin.

"Wake up, lazy bud!" Nora said before she zoomed away. "It's morning, it's morning, it's morning, it's morning!"

Ren sighed as he got ready for the day with Nora talking his ear off. Something he had grown used to by now, with the hyperactive girl being glued to his side since they were kids.

"I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full 24 hours!" Nora said. "Not that I thought that we'd get kicked out or anything, you're the perfect student, and I'm, well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know? We've been friends for soooooo long. What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not together together. Not that I'm saying you're not handsome! You are handsome, but that'd just be weird... Right? *With her mouth stuffed full with pancakes* Right. What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together. *Slurps pancake* Ooh! We should come up with some sort of plan! To make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribed the headmaster? No, that won't work, he has the school. I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! *gasp* A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?"

"Nora..." Ren finally said.

"Yes, Ren?" Nora asked.

Ren grabbed his weapons, a pair of bladed pistols called Stormflower and holstered them under his sleeves.

"I don't think sloths make a lot of noise." He said.

Nora looked around for a second before she gained another goofy smile.

"... That's why it's perfect!" She stated with glee. "No one will suspect we're working together."

Ren closed his locker.

"Come on, Nora." He said. "Let's go."

"But not together together." Nora added, with a giggle.

"Wonder what those two were so worked up about?" Ruby wondered.

"Oh, who knows..." Yang replied. "So! You seem awfully chipper this morning."

"Yep!" Ruby chuckled. "No more awkward small talk or 'getting to know you' stuff. Today I get to let my sweetheart do the talking."

"Well, remember Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're going to have to meet new people and learn to work together."

"Ugh, you sound like dad!" Ruby grumbled. Okay, first of all what does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"

"But what about when we form teams?" Yang asked.

"Uhm, I don't know." Ruby replied, suddenly sounding nervous. "I-I'll just be on your team or something..."

"Maybe you should try being on someone else's team." Yang suggested.

"My dearest sister Yang." Ruby began with an accusatory tone in her voice. "Are you implying that you do not want to be on the same team as me!?"