Chapter Ten: Big Trouble In Little Vale

Port had been talking up a storm and regaling his class with stories from his youth, as Team RWBY waited impatiently for the class to end. Even Weiss looked impatient, but all five had the mind to at least pretend to listen to the old Huntsman's stories.

Silver wondered if that was what he'd be like when he got to Port's age. He really hoped not. He looked at the clock, and silently fumed that it was only a minute until the end of class bell, especially because with the way Port rattled on it felt like it was still 2:59pm. Ruby had been practically bouncing up and down, the most impatient of the group as the now co-leaders of Team RWBY sat mulled over what had happened the night before.

After Silver's meeting with Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury, the Bat Faunus had been on edge. The fact that Cinder looked so familiar to him didn't help matters either, and she definitely radiated a bloodlust that would make a Sabre seem like a kitten in comparison.

"So, Weiss..." Jaune began, breaking Silver out of his thoughts. "You know uh, I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? And uh, you know well I-I've got two tickets to the new Spruce Willis movie if you want to make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome."

(He does know she's not interested in him, right?) Silver thought. (Poor Pyrrha. This kid is completely oblivious to the fact that she has a thing for him... Sad, really. And, Jesus Christ, HOW CAN PORT STILL BE TALKING!?)

"And... Then maybe after that we could, study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm a... You know." Jaune asked, hopefully as the bell suddenly rang then and there.

"And then, I--" Port began, before hearing the bell. "Oh, uh. Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait. Until next time."

(Finally!) Silver thought, as he packed his supplies.

"Weiss?" Jaune asked. "Did you hear me?"

"No, no, no, yes." Weiss answered as she left.

Jaune sighed as he face planted the desk he was sitting in as Ruby, Yang, and Blake walked past him.

"I think Pyrrha would go with you to see that movie." Silver suggested. "Just something to think about."

Team RWBY dressed in attire that made them look somewhat normal, as Ruby buckled up her combat boots, and Weiss strapped Myrtenaster to her hip. Ruby was dressed in a red, black and grey outfit with her signature red cloak strapped onto her back, while Weiss had on a white dress that looked like it was an overcoat at one point. Yang was wearing a white and yellow jacket along with her usual biker shorts, with some strapped pant legs as well. Blake's ensemble was a white jacket top and black tight fitting pants, along with her arm wraps and her black bow.

"I thought that class would never end." She said.

"Alright guys, today's the day." Ruby stated. "The investigation, begins!"

"I'm glad to see we are taking this so seriously." Weiss said sarcastically. "Wait. Where's Silver."

"Right here." Silver said, stepping out of the bathroom. "Wearing body armor isn't exactly inconspicuous, so I had to get some of my other clothes."

Ruby and the others saw what Silver was wearing, and almost didn't recognize him. He was still wearing his trenchcoat, but his other attire was what caught their eyes. "Navy blue cargo pants, and his usual combat boots and fingerless gloves, but the real eyecatcher was his shirt, which had a picture of Grimmzilla on it. Yang let out an audible chuckle that turned into full blown laughter.

"What?" Silver asked.

"I didn't think you were into Grimmzilla!" Yang laughed.

"Why wouldn't I? Grimmzilla's awesome!" Silver retorted. "I don't make fun of your boy band fascination, so don't make fun of what interests me!"