2

"NOOO," erupted from the depths of Aelora's throat, an high-pitched cry that echoed through the air as her uncle's hands closed around her in playful capture. "N-No, please, ahaha, I w-won't p-paint hahaha on your cl-clothes ever ag-again, haha, p-please," she pleaded, her voice a delicate melody of laughter and genuine distress. Her entire body convulsed with laughter, a cascade of giggles that betrayed her futile attempt to keep composure in the hands of her dear uncle.

Her Uncle, Aurelio, with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, regarded her with a playful smile as he released his grip, well aware of her vulnerability to tickling. "Heh, gotcha, didn't I?" he chuckled, the warmth of familial affection evident in his tone.

As Quick as a sprite, Aelora darted away, her small legs carrying her as fast as they could manage. Her heart pounded within her chest like the rhythmic beat of a drum, the lingering effects of the tickling interplay. Seeking refuge, she halted behind one of the many pillars that adorned the corridor, her petite frame partially concealed as she peeked back at her uncle.

Amusement danced in Aurelio's eyes as he shook his head, the echoes of his laughter still lingering on the long walls, meanwhile, Aelora, a portrait of innocent mischief, maintained her hiding stance, the pillar casting a gentle shadow upon her contemplative expression.

A stern voice cut through the mirth, breaking the spell. "How many times have I told you not to color on my robes again?" Aurelio reprimanded her, his tone tinged with a blend of mock severity and genuine exasperation he loved his niece as if she was his own daughter but everyday he was reminded of how much of a little rascal she was, she often reminded him of himself and his sister when they were children causing mischief around the palace.

Caught in her little styling escapade, Aelora found herself staring at the stone pavement beneath her, the intricate patterns etched into the cold surface becoming the canvas for her introspection, the gravity of her actions settled in, mingling with the dust particles that danced in the air. "I just wanted to add a bit of flair to your wardrobe, Uncle," she mumbled, her voice a soft admission as she cautiously peeked out from behind the pillar, her eyes reflecting a mixture of innocence and defiance.

Aurelio, raising an eyebrow in mock incredulity, remarked, "Flair? Pink is not exactly my idea of flair."

"But it brings out the azure in your eyes, I swear!" Aelora protested, her eyes widening with sincerity as she pleaded her case, the innocence of childhood radiating from her.
Aurelio sighed, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "We'll discuss your artistic endeavors later. Now, come out from there. You're not getting away with this by just apologizing" he declared, his tone transitioning from mock sternness to a more practical directive.

Aelora grinned mischievously and, with a skip in her step, emerged from her hiding spot, she knew, despite the scolding, her impish act had brought a touch of color to her uncle's otherwise routine day, just as she was about to formulate a response, the door swung open, announcing the arrival of the maid in a flurry of flustered haste.

"Master Aurelio, I'm sorry to interrupt, but the Lord urgently needs to speak with you," the maid announced, her gaze casting a disapproving glance at the pink-stained robes that bore witness to Aelora's artistic flair.

Aurelio, acknowledging the interruption with a nod, stated "Very well, I'll be there shortly. Aelora, we'll continue this later. And no more painting my clothes, understood?" he said heading towards his father quarters and before leaving the room he turned to Aelora, his expression softening. "Go to your lessons, and be a good girl Aelora do not cause troubles to your teacher" he advised with a gentle smile, his words carrying both warmth and a subtle reminder of her responsibilities.