VIII - I Know Your Secrets

BELLCHANT HOLIDAY HOUSE
September 6th, 1948
Elven, Morbihan, France

BELLCHANT HOLIDAY HOUSESeptember 6th, 1948Elven, Morbihan, France

" There will come a poet,  whose weapon is his word

whose weapon is his word.
He will slay you with his tongue,
oh lei oh lai oh lord. "

- Soldier, Poet, King.
The Oh Hellos

The nature of the mind, the heart, the soul; it is a beguiling force of constant divergence that resides in every person that walks the earth.

Many individuals like Lysander Lestrange, or Cyan Avery perhaps, enjoy carousing in splendour, chasing the rapturous buzz that comes with their revelries of debauchery.

Others like Damian Mulciber, or Tom Riddle, feel more than content simply watching these excessive indulgences from afar.

Then, there were those like Callum Nott, who were the lingerers in the shadows, unseen by the rest, and yet scrutinizing all those who thought they were going unnoticed.

Callum Nott liked secrets, he nurtured them with a strong iron fist.

Since he was a boy, he rarely spoke, simply stared into the souls of men with his formidable eyes of copper.

Many thought him to be mute, even his parents grew concerned when he had come into the world without a cry, big eyes full of wonder as he stared the Healer down.

It was almost as if he did not want to be heard, did not want to be seen.

And yet, he did want to be the one to listen, he did want to be the one watching.

And his childhood had made that easy for him. He did not have to be the voice of polite conversation, the one to take the coats of guests and smile and laugh accordingly towards the jests of his family.

Those were the tiresome jobs that had been lended to his sister, Eleanor.

Even if the children were merely birthed one year apart from the other, the two Nott siblings couldn't have been more different.