XIX - Good Riddance

BELLCHANT HOLIDAY HOUSE
September 19th, 1948
Elven, Morbihan, France

BELLCHANT HOLIDAY HOUSESeptember 19th, 1948Elven, Morbihan, France

WARNING: mentions of murder

"'For their safety', always with the damn safety!" Nora grumbled as she entered Meena's assigned room and heaved her trunk onto the bed. Her prized Aegean cloak hung over her shoulder.

It was then that Dominic and Francis shot her sharp looks, cocking their heads to where Meena was silently uttering her Du'as on a velvety prayer mat, a dark headscarf concealing her plaited hair as she sat in her tranquility.

Nora snapped her lips shut as she patiently waited for Meena to conclude her prayers. She shrugged her cloak off of her shoulder, the pads of her fingers running along the rough embroidery of the House Zaanders sigil.

Meena exhaled slowly, rising from her bowed position. "Ameen." She murmured, before opening her eyes, sable lashes fluttering slightly as they adjusted to the light that filled the room. She rose to her feet, sending Nora a quick smile as she gently waved her wand at her mat to make it gently fold itself and fit flawlessly into her trunk.

Nora smiled back sheepishly, "Apologies for interrupting your prayer, Darwish." She ran her fingers through her hair, removing loose strands from her blocking her vision.

Meena shook her head swiftly, "Not at all! You're under extreme stress, it is evident. I had been asking the Lord for protection, for I know we'll all need it, but you, and Lola, and even Rosier need it the most." She stated gently.

Nora gave Meena a look of immense gratitude, she had been beyond perturbed at the new decrees backed up by the Ministries, but much of her fear subsided when she had seen how quickly Alena had taken action, though she was not surprised, for the leader of the Hellions valued strategy, and knew how to wield it.

Zaanders glanced up as Artur and Adelaide walked down the hall. The young Slavic man seemed restless as he carried several bundles of what Nora could only assume to be dresses, and Adelaide followed suit with three more of them hanging from her arms.