twenty-one

—𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

—𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

"We are landing very shortly in Charleston, North Carolina. Thank you for flying with us."

Valerie felt her stomach knot up as the plane descended towards Charleston. She couldn't help feeling nervous about what lay ahead of her.

Valerie couldn't even believe she actually agreed to do fake date Drew.

What if people found out? What if the press caught wind of it and made it into a bigger deal than it was? These thoughts raced through her mind as she sat on the plane.

It's the sake of your career, Valerie thought to herself.

As the plane came to a stop and the seatbelt sign turned off, Valerie gathered her belongings and made her way out of the aircraft. She walked through the airport, taking in the sights and sounds of a hustling airport.

She had texted Madelyn prior, asking her to pick her up but there was no response, which she was extremely pissed about because there was no way she was going to wait.

As Valerie waited for Madelyn, she checked her phone again to see if there was any response. Still nothing. She sighed and leaned against a wall, feeling a bit frustrated.

Just as she was starting to feel annoyed and frustrated, she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Val."

Val turned around to see a person with a black mask, sunglasses, hat. To say Val was confused was an understatement. Her brain was jumbled.

"Can I help you?" Valerie asked, hesitantly. "And how do you know my name?"

"Well it's not like you're a model or anything." The masked man sassed back.

"Jeez, just asking." Valerie put her hands up. "So what do you want."

Slowly, the masked man pulled his sunglasses up. There it was, his eyes. Drew's eyes.

"Oh hell no."

Valerie turned around, eyes wide as she began walking. She thought she would have at least a week before actually facing Drew.

"Goodness." Drew mumbled to himself before jogging a bit to catch up to Valerie.

"Look, can we not do this in the middle of the airport, because as much as I love to start this publicity stunt I don't want it to start with both of us fighting."

Valerie crossed her arms and turned to face Drew. "Fine, I'll go with you," she said, "but you're going to hear it in the car."

Valerie and Drew made their way to the parking lot outside of the airport. They made it to his Mercedes and before Drew could open the door for Valerie, Valerie did it herself.

Drew raised his arms in surrender as he made his way to the other side of the car and sunk in to the seat as he took off all his accessories that he used to disguise himself.

"God, you look like shit." Valerie mumbled.

"Thanks."