thirty-five

— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

—𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

"No, as much as it pains me to say this JJ is definitely going to die." Valerie said from Drew's kitchen as she prepared dinner for the two.

"Nope, it has to be John B." Drew argued as he walked into the kitchen, coming up to Valerie as he took a piece of the pasta from the stainless steel pot.

Valerie quickly smacked the piece of pasta out of his hand making Drew yelp, "First of all, are you dumb? Then there won't be an outer banks. Second of all, do you not have any patience."

Drew rolled his eyes playfully, "You can't blame me, it's been almost a year since I had a taste of that pasta."

"You can wait."

"It's also almost been a year since I had a taste of something else—"

"I will not hesitate to trash this place again."

"You don't even know what I was going to say!"

Drew muttered a string of words under his breath before coming up behind Valerie, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head on top of hers. Even though she was 5,11, Drew still towered over her.

"I know you, and also what about taking it slow?" Valerie's eyebrows raised in amusement and curiosity.

"Okay—okay, fine I know." Drew sighed as he watched Valerie carefully stir the pasta around in the pot.

Valerie chuckled and turned to look at him to which she was greeted with Drew silent, trying to act sad but failing miserably making Valerie coo and cup his face. "Did I just make the Drew Starkey sad?"

"Never." Drew spoke as he regained his posture.

"Oh, I so did." Valerie teased, taking a step away from the stove and closer to Drew.

"Nope." Drew scoffed, playfully taking 2 steps away from Valerie, making him bump into the kitchen island.

"I am so sorry." Valerie smiled playfully, shimmying into Drew's arms.

"Prove it."

With that, Valerie smirked and planted her lips on Drew's. Drew took a second to reciprocate the kiss back but nonetheless, did it.

Valerie's arms wrapped around Drew's neck while Drew's wrapped around her waist.

"Jump." Drew mumbled into her mouth, which Valerie happily obliged too. Valerie had her legs wrapped around Drew's lower torso as he spun her around to place her on the counter.

Valerie pulled Drew closer by both her arms around his neck and the legs around his torso. All without breaking the contact of their lips.

"Do you smell that—" Valerie questioned, finally pulling away.

"No." Drew cut her off by placing his lips onto hers once again, not wanting it to end.

"Wait—no." Valerie pulled away making Drew groan at the loss of contact. "It smells like—oh my god!"

Valerie jumped off the counter making Drew turn around to see what Valerie was freaking out about. Oh and it was something to freak out about because while the two were engrossed in a heated make out section, the pasta was on fire.

"Fuck!" Drew yelled, the two of them scrambling around the kitchen. Drew filling up a glass of water while Valerie was finding the lid of the bowl.

"Drew! Have you learned nothing in FACS class?" Valerie cried as she took the glass and dumped it back in the sink.