thirty

— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

—𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

The episode of Gossip Girl played out on the screen. Madison, with a bowl of popcorn in hand, chimed in, "Can you believe what Blair just did? It's like a soap opera, but better."

Madelyn, curled up in a blanket, leaned forward. "I don't know. It just feels like there's more to the story. Like, why would Olivia randomly kiss Drew? There has to be a motive."

The group's indecisiveness over the past week on whether to believe Drew could be described as an understatement. They have been balancing out the pros and cons daily.

"Gee, thanks, Mads; that was like totally on topic," Kendall taunted.

Unfazed, Madison responded, "I'm just saying, the drama on this show is nothing compared to what we're dealing with."

"Fair point. Our lives could give Gossip Girl a run for its money." Kendall said,shrugging.

Madelyn cut to the chase, asking, "Is this your guys' way of saying that you believe in Drew? By being totally unfazed."

Kendall and Madison groaned before Kendall started "I'm just saying Mads, Drew never gave Val anything to worry about before this."

"We all are talking but never letting Val talk," Madison started slowly, knowing this was a hard question "What do you think, and say what's on your mind. You know we won't judge. " 

Recognizing Madison's bomb, the room fell into a thoughtful silence as all eyes turned to Valerie. Valerie was the most indecisive out of all of them.

She took a moment, the weight of the question hanging in the air. Eventually, she sighed and began, "Honestly, it's hard for me to say. I've known Drew for a long time, and this feels out of character. But..."

"But what?"

"Nothing, I believe him."

The comment hung in the air, momentarily silencing the room. Kendall and Madison exchanged surprised glances, their eyes widening in disbelief .

Madelyn, wrapped in her blanket, was the first to break the silence. "Wait, what did you say, Val?"

Valerie hesitated, her gaze shifting between her friends. "I said I believe him. It's just, I've known Drew for so long, and this doesn't line up with who he is."

The group turned to each other with smiles. This discovery was challenging for Valerie, but now she truly knew where she stood, even if it's complicating it felt like Valerie was free.

"You believe him?" Madison screeched with shock. "What does that mean?"

"It just means I believe him," Valerie guiltily spoke knowing that the group was expecting a totally different answer. "I'm with Landon remember."

The group groaned at the mention of Landon.

"Who is that again?" Kendall rolled her eyes. "You need to get your ass up, break up with Landon then take your ass back to Drew."

"Couldn't agree more." Madelyn chimed .

Valerie felt relieved it wasn't modeling season; her life was already packed. The fake dating and the explanations made her crave a break.

"I thought you guys wouldn't be supportive of me believing Drew." Valerie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Can I be honest for a minute." Madison says, talking a gulp of her soda. "I was kind of rooting for you to believe him."

Valerie couldn't help but laugh as she looked around and saw Kendall and Madelyn sheepishly agreeing with her decision.

"I don't know what to do." Valerie hesitated. "I feel like we would be jumping in head first if I just tell him I believe him."

"Val, it's okay to dip in first." Madelyn started. "Everyone does."

Valerie hesitated, a swirl of emotions evident on her face. "I... I don't know. It's complicated with Landon, and I don't want to hurt him. But at the same time, I can't ignore how I feel about Drew."

Kendall chimed in, "Val, you deserve to be happy. If believing in Drew is what feels right, then maybe it's time to have an honest conversation with Landon. It's not fair to anyone to keep things in the dark."

"And plus I hate Landon." Madison said as she raised her hands in surrender.

As the group soaked up Kendall's advice, the room fell into a thoughtful silence. Valerie, torn between loyalty to Landon and her growing feelings for Drew. There must be a reason she is feeling this way, right?

Madison, sensing Valerie's internal struggle said, "You're not doing anyone a favor by keeping it all in. Open communication is key, Val. Whatever or whomever you decide, make sure it's a choice you can live with."

Valerie took a deep breath, appreciating the wisdom her friends were offering. The Gossip Girl episode continued in the background. "Just because we can't be together doesn't mean I don't love you." Blair Waldorf admits to Chuck after arriving in his apartment. Oh how she loved Gossip Girl.

Madelyn, known for her straightforward approach, added, "Think about what truly makes you happy, Val. You deserve to prioritize your own feelings."

Valerie didn't need to think—she already knew what she wanted.

"I'm going to tell him."

©𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞