Why me? - Suki

You watched from afar as she practiced her sequences. You always felt inferior how could you not she was an incredible warrior and person. Also She looked, beautiful well why wouldn't she? She's perfect every aspect of her character is perfect ...... yet what baffles you is she still chose to date you. As you continued to watch her the more you got lost in your thoughts as they slowly began to eat away at you.

Why would she date me? I can't fight as well as her, I'm not as kind or selfless or brave. Heck I'm not even comparable to her or any of her other friends so why me? If she wanted she could of gone off with that water tribe douche who visited with the avatar a  weeks ago. She could date anyone she wanted to. I'm not a good fighter I can't come up with good battle strategies and I can barely hold my own in a one on one. Unlike her. I'm also wierd and awkward everyone makes sure to make me fully aware of that on the daily. It wouldn't surprise me if she was embarrassed by me cause it's well me!

"Y/n!" Suki shouted clicking her finger in front of your face dragging you out of your thoughts. You hadn't noticed she moved or stopped training for that matter. "Are you okay you seem out of it? If you want you can take a break skip today's training," she spoke with general concern in her voice.
"You best not be giving me special treatment besides I'm fine I just zoned out," you said pulling out the best fake smile possible. She hummed not fully convinced taking your hand and looking lovingly in your eyes.
"If you want to talk I'm here for you. Now come on training starts soon," she said taking your hand walking you down to the training cabin.
You smiled and followed Suki to the training cabin, feeling grateful for her support. "Thanks, Suki. You're the best."

In the cabin the rest of Kyoshi warriors stood to attention fully uniformed. You joined and  stood to attention as Suki began to explain what you were to be doing today.
"We'll split into pairs and start with one on one spars before going into practicing our sequences. Let's go!" She commanded the room with ease everyone there respected her and as soon as her instructions were given they split of to do what she said. You paired with one of your teammates as Suki was managing the fights. You got into stance and on her command you began to fight. Your opponent made the first move slashing down with her fan and you swiftly moved to the side to avoid the blow. She struck again barely missing you. Countering the attack you kicked to the side hitting her arm, weakening her stance before going for a strike with your gold fan. Your opponent barely dodged it but the process she managed to strike you in the stomach knocking you back slightly. As you moved back forward to attack managed to trip you up, falling to the ground you rotated your body hitting your opponent with your leg and catching your fall. Quickly, you jumped back up returning to your fighting stance trying to redeem your previous mistake of falling.

Before you could attack or anything Suki called out to move on. Your opponent had a smirk on her face as she looked down on you. Her thoughts mirrored her expression you could tell exactly what she was thinking they all thought the same about you. Your form was sloppy and your fighting was laughable at best. Out of both embarrassment and anger you left. It was stupid you were stupid, you needed to leave. To the near by forest you went to hide your shame. As you exited the cabin Suki caught your eye you were close to tears and she could tell. From the few seconds of eye contact you held it was enough to confirm what she was worried about from before. Afraid she'd follow you, you ran.

Once, in the forest you sat down by a tree and cried. How could I mess up that bad! I lost because I let my frustrations get the better of me and I fell. They probably all hate me, I would hate me if I was them. Constantly getting in the way, clumsy, messing up, making conversation's awkward I don't fit in. Plus i can barely fight I made a prime example of that earlier today. Suddenly, you felt a pair of strong arms snake around your curled up posture. You didn't bother to look up at who was there you just sobbed in their arms.

After a few moments the person lifted your head and wiped your tears with their thumb. The person was non other then Suki. She had a saddened expression on her face as held you tight.
"It's okay.... Shhh it's okay" her words of reassurance were spoken softly as she continued to comfort the crying woman before her. When you calmed down she poke again, "Want to tell me what's wrong?"
"It's stupid," you sniffled.
"Anything that makes you like this isn't stupid and I want it no about it so I can help. Please Y/n." She said wiping another tear that rolled down your cheek. Silence fell as you debated between telling her or not.

"Why me?" You asked looking directly in her eyes.
"I-I'm not sure what you mean," she replied slightly confused at your question.
"Why date me? Y-y-you could have anyone you want. Literally anyone yet you choose to date me. L-like I'm a horrific fighter, I don't have any kinds of gifts like I'm not smart, I'm ridiculously awkward, I can't bend. I'm clearly inferior to you and all the other kyoshi warriors. So why me?" You said at a rapid pace trying to get everything of your chest as quick as possible like a bandage. The woman just stared at you flabbergasted at what you had just said. Another silence fell, it was unbearable so you chose to speak again.
"I know this all sound stupid because it is and your just so perfect at everything you do and I-" you were cut off by a pair of lips smashing into yours the initial shock dissipated as you melted into her touch. When you broke off for air you realised the woman before you was also now in tears.
"You talk to much," she chuckled slightly keeping eye contact. She leaned in and kissed you once more before speaking again. "Y/n you are one of the best fighters I know so what you lost one match. There's a reason I spar with you practically all the time and it's not that your my girlfriend your a talented warrior. And Who cares if your awkward it's adorable, it's what makes you, you! Your also incredibly intelligent even if you do get some things wrong and to top it all off your my girlfriend. I am so lucky to have you in my life Y/n..... I love you." After her speech the two of you were once again in tears but they weren't the same as before. They were happy tears. You pulled her into a crushing hug tears still flowing from your eyes.
"I-I love you too suki,"