Flirting and fighting pt2 - mai

Things have been strange recently

Things have been strange recently. Very strange. Especially with the addition of Zuko, son of your enemy and the guy who's chased Aang around trying to capture him for about four years now, to your group. He seems to be genuine, you think. The guy had promised to teach Aang firebending but all his attempts were pretty futile with him barely being able to produce a single ball of flame that lasts longer then a few moments before flickering out of existence. It was quite amusing sight to witness. A prince of a nation, so prided upon his skills, so confident in himself, so arrogant with  his birthright get humiliated by the one thing he was decent at. Firebending. The night following the whole group prodded their fun at him making zuko the butt of every joke. Until Toph spoke about how she learned how to bend from the original benders which gave zuko and Aang the idea to go off the next day in hopes of finding an old civilisation who used to worship dragons. On top of all this you kept thinking about Mai. That insufferable girl you fought with a while back with that damn smirk and stupid fighting skills and dumb eyes. Your mind kept drifting back to her and it annoyed you. It annoyed you so god damn much. Why couldn't you just get her out of your head already? The only thing that prevented you from thinking about her all day long was katara going on and on about how she hates that zuko has gone off with Aang and that he could very easily turn in them and kidnap him or whatever. When they got back and gave a whole speech about the 'true meaning' of fire while preforming a little dance.

A few days later and a similar thing happened this time involving yourself and sokka. Sokka was trying to sneak off on Appa one night you caught him mid way through him packing.
"Where do you think you're going?" You questioned catching the other non bender off guard. He froze.
"For a midnight fly on Appa" you quirked your brow and he immediately continued knowing you weren't convinced. "y-y'know to uuum su-moon bathe aand... stuff."
"Nice try ponytail. What are you actually doing?" You said crossing your arms. Sokka sighed. "To find my dad."
Your brows furrowed in genuine confusion. Was that even possible? "And how do you plan on doing that?"
"I talked to zuko earlier," of course he's involved you thought to yourself as he explained, "and he told me there is a fire nation prison near by that holds prisoners of war." You nodded along pretending to go along with it.
"So you're just gonna Walts in their and go 'hey is my dad here by any chance' and then their gonna hand him over and everything is going to be all peachy and everything will be perfect." Your voice dripped in sarcasm as you spoke in an overcompensating childish and optimistic tone. Sokka's face dropped.
"Well- I- obviously I was no-" before he could finish someone interrupted.
"You're not doing anything on that bison. You'll be shot down immediately." Zuko. That guy was starting to get on your nerves. Yet you still found yourself lay against the edge of the war balloon listening to the two guys talk. Of course you did.
"So like you didn't leave anyone you cared about behind?" Sokka asks. Zuko shrugged for a moment while he thought.
"Well I did leave my girlfriend... mai." The banished prince said. Now that got your attention. Mai. She was dating Zuko of all people? Seriously! Zu-Ko. He isn't even that great. Why would she- wait... why do you care? You immediately stopped your thoughts there. You. Are. Enemies. She's fire nation and she likes Zuko of all people. She isn't all that. You've just built up a big sappy story in your head cause you thought for a split second she was attractive. Okay she was attractive... And absolutely badass, and damnably skilled and you may or may not be able to get her out of your head but that is completely and utterly besides the point. Sokka shifted his position to a similar one to yours as he spoke pulling you out of your internal scolding to get yourself together and to stop acting like your average love sick girl.
"My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
Zuko looked over to him. "That's rough buddy." An awkward silence fell after that non of you knowing how to continue the conversation not that you were contributing to it anyway.