You'll be fine - Lin

Nervously you waited your heart was pounding a hundred and one miles a minute and you could hear each thump echoing in your ear

Nervously you waited your heart was pounding a hundred and one miles a minute and you could hear each thump echoing in your ear. The room was quite plain but Kya was never one to decorate her work place especially her one in republic city as she was rarely there due to spending most of her time at wolf cove in the South Pole. However you trusted no one else for this so the healer obliged to your wish and came immediately to see to you. Kya walked in as if she didn't have anything to say which slightly annoyed you as your desperation to know was eating you alive. Your eyes met her blue ones as you spoke. "Well?"
For a moment there was silence. A painfully long silence before the waterbender nodded a small smile on her lips. A twice as contagious smile appeared upon your own features as you began to let out a concoction of an excited and nervous laugh. Kya found amusement in your overjoyed reaction and gave you a small budge from the side. "Wait wait wait." You quickly said leaning back a bit. "Are you absolutely positive that your results are correct?" Kya sighed and let go walking to her desk sitting down.
"I am one hundred percent positive what's with the sudden mistrust in my abilities huh? I was trained by one of the best healers of all time." She said you nodded feeling assured but the small hint of anxiety about this whole ordeal began to make its presence known although your excitement was still overbearing and more prominent then this doubt.
"No not miss trust just you know like... I- it's hard to put into words. Like what if I go tell my wife now and it's wrong?" You said Kya gave you one of those looks that you have seen one too many times from when the two of you were growing up together.
"You'll be fine. You have Lin beside you through sickness and in health plus I could always stay in republic city through out the process so you know for a fact that you have a reliable medic." The offer did bring comfort as did the reminder of some of the vows you made. "Now stop looking so scared and go tell that grumpy police chief of yours it was not a few moments ago you were smiling about this whole ordeal." Her words brought a soft smile to your face especially when she made that small jab to your wife. You nodded and gave the healer a small hug before leaving to go to the police station.

As you walked in the place was chaos, but that being said when is it not busy? You walked up to the front desk expecting to see the same person who is always there only to be greeted by a new face.
"Please state your business," The young newbie at the front of the desk said as they followed protocol. It felt like forever since you've had to go through this whorl process as your usually let straight in due to them knowing you.
"I'm here to see chief beifong," you said the person sat at the desk quirked a brow.
"Chief beifong is incredulously busy right now so unless you are in the council or you have called previously booking a meeting with her. You won't be permitted to go see her." They said. You sighed at how rigid they were being with the whole thing.
"Look. I know she doesn't have any meetings she had patrol two hours ago I know that woman's schedule better then the blimmin' spirits because all she does is bang on about work. So I know it isn't much of an inconvenience then letting me write my name down to go see her." You said getting tired and a bit snappy just wanting to tell your wife the news which is literally making you want to burst in a puddle of screwy emotions. The new receptionist was very insistent but eventually you manage to get them to write your name down only for more problems to arise.
"Y/n beifong." You sighed happy to finally be getting somewhere in the blasted coversation.
"You're not a beifong." They said you froze.
"What?" You asked genuinely confused by the audacity laced in what that man just said.
"You clearly aren't earth kingdom and the chief has no children or close relatives within the city."
"I'm her wife-"
"You won't be seeing the chief today please leave the station." They said. You couldn't stand this you gave a fake polite smile and went to find the nearest phone as soon as you did you called up her office phone.

A smirk played on your lips as you walked back into the station. The receptionist was about to speak when Lin walked in, "She's with me."
You walked with kin up to her office happy to finally be able to speak with your wife. At this point you were beginning to think it was getting to be too much effort. You walked into her office and sat on her desk as she took a seat in her chair taking a sip of coffee out of her 'world's best boss' mug, well you think it was coffee knowing Lin it could have something much stronger in due to her disliking for inconveniences and the majority of her officers. Her metal filing draws at three back of the room in each corner had draws open filled to the brim of papers and cases. Her desk was the same just neater. She placed her cup down and relaxed into her chair with a sigh.
"Apologies for the trouble you had getting in he's a trainee." She explained in her usual stoney voice. "Why aren't you at work?" The metalbender then asked.
"I went to the hospital to see kya." As you said that Lin shit up and her body tensed immediately checking your head and body for injure or illness.
"Are you okay? What happened? You were fine this morning. I told you that you shouldn't have gone to work with those cramps of yours." She rambled on the back of her hand being placed against your head making you chuckled at how ridiculous and serious she got when it came to your health. You smiled and gently moved her hand from your head. Interlocking your fingers with hers you looked down at her hand playing with it as a way to calm your own nerves.
"No no it's nothing like that... I went to go talk to her about recent problems and she said that I may be preg-nant..." you took a breath not looking in her beautiful sage eyes. "I thought about that possibility for a bit and asked for her to see if that was the case... and it is." You felt Lins free hand gently tilt your chin to look at her as she was standing in front of you. Her eyes were soft matching her smile.
"We're going to have a child?" She asks in a quiet soothing tone almost replicant to that of a whisper. You slowly nodded a small yes your gaze fixated on hers. Her smile only grew and she gently kissed your forehead and held you close. Instinctively you reciprocated putting your head in the crook of her neck. Your heart pounded to the point you could feel it in your throat but nothing could deviate your mind from the comfort and safety you felt in Lins embrace.

The weeks and months pass you had check ups with kya when needed along side a constant stream of support coming from your wife. She helped in every aspect even sometimes taking time off work which you thought that you'd never live to see for that to occur. The chief of police not drowning herself in work? The spirits truly had blessed you. Lin was truly and utterly amazing you couldn't ask for anyone else to be with you during this time. During the last few weeks of the pregnancy everything but you like a ton of bricks and you began to get scared by it all...
"What if I don't survive?" You asked your tired wife making you and herself a drink in the other room, "what if they don't survive!? On spirits that would be worse... I could mess up some how I hope I don't I seriously seriously hope I don't what if I'm not a good mum Lin, what if they don't like me?" You questioned leaning your head back against the back of the couch. Lin sighed and shook her head walking in. She place the cups down and gently tilted your head to look at her.
"Listen to me okay?" She said slowly making sure to fully grasp your attention while you were in this worried state from out of no where, "I am here. And I will be no matter what so you know what? If you do mess up it will be okay cause you are human and everyone messes up, including flawlessly amazing humans such as yourself." Her hand gently caressed your jaw as her lips pressed against your forehead her words soft and soothing washing over you like waves on the sore. Pulling bits of worry back along with the tide leaving a smoothed out patch on the otherwise corse surface - you truly couldn't ask for a better wife. "Besides..." Lin continued softly brushing your hair back her voice still low with its comforting Rhythm, "...it would be impossible for them not to like you. You are absolutely incredible and I couldn't of asked for anyone better to be the mother of my child and I bet that if that child is anything like you they will be just as loving and kind and amazing." You leaned into each and every touch and embraced every word your wife had said like they were gospel themselves. Lin had a way with words, she had to for her job, and she always knew how to help. Kya was right you were fine.

------------------------

Up coming chapters:

Kuvira - (pregnancy)
Azula - (abusive ex)
Korra - (tenzins daughter)
Azula - bodyguard
Katara - (Azula's twin)
Asami - equalised