New Friends?

It was a pitch-dark night. There was no sign of anyone on the street. In the heavy rain, Seungmin took the street on his right, running with all his might, breathing heavily. 

The trees on both sides of the road seemed like they'll be uprooted by the wind any second, as if there is a slight storm. However, ignoring any of this he ran, fear evident in his eyes.

Seungmin stopped at the end of the road, not knowing what to do next. In front of him was the big wide ocean. Surrounding him was a large jungle filled with wild trees.

Seungmin turned back, brushing his bangs aside. There was no sign of danger. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes. In the heavy rain, his shirt was sticking to his body. That's when he felt the coolness of the atmosphere. He crossed his arms over his chest to protect his trembling body.

Hearing a sudden loud noise, Seungmin opened his eyes in shock. In front of him was a horrible creature. Its entire body covered in black fur. Green sticky liquid coming out of the corners of its mouth. It's eyes were red like fire. It stood there looking at him, while making a terrifying sound from time to time.

Seungmin's body, which was shivering with cold, shivered even more with fear. With the sudden step of the scary creature, the ground shook. Seungmin started to back away in fear, trying to scream for help. Yet his voice seemed to be stuck in his throat. No sound came out.

 The frightening creature then stretched its arms to hunt Seungmin. With no hope of survival, he screamed for aid, putting all the force into the nerves in his neck. Fortunately, this time his voice came out.

"Mom... mom... help me... help me... it's going to eat me." Seungmin shouted loudly.

"Seungmin." He heard his mother's voice. So with more courage, he called out again.

"Open your eyes, Seungmin." He opened his eyes and looked around. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw his mother nearby.

He was laying on the couch in his room. When he realized that the terrible incident was a dream, he felt an indescribable relief and let out a big sigh.

"What happened, son? You had a nightmare?" Seungmin's mother Mrs. Kim asked, watching Seungmin's actions. He nodded satting up, wiping the sweat from his face with the palm of his hand.

"Of course you'll have nightmares. No matter how scared you are, you always watch scary movies even though I keep reminding you not to." She scolded him for the nth time.

"I won't watch horror movies anymore, Mom," Seungmin stood up and hugged Mrs. Kim slightly. Then he took his specs from the sofa and looked at Mrs.Kim guiltily, and bit his index finger, looking at the floor. Mrs. Kim, who was watching him, shook her head in disbelief.

"Tonight also you slept wearing specs?" Mrs. Kim asked disappointedly, both her hands on her waist.

"Sorry mom. I didn't sleep. I fell asleep while watching a movie" At that moment, he looked at his wristwatch, and shouted 'm gonna be late' and ran to the bathroom, taking a T-shirt from the closet.

Seungmin entered the bathroom and Mrs. Kim shook her head, as it pounded when she glanced around the room. The room was out of order. 

Painted in white and purple, all the furniture in the large room is in both colors. There was a huge balcony, but it was locked as the AC was on. The room is quite nice and big, but it looked like it never was cleaned.

"I wonder when he'll get better? No matter how much I tell him, he's like a kid." She murmured to herself. After fixing the blanket on the bed, she picked the pillows from the floor and placed them neatly on the bed. She turned off the laptop on the small table near the sofa and placed it on the study table attached to the bookcase. Then she picked up the papers thrown around the room and put them in the dustbin.