Old Chapter 4

My dad had come into my room once mom and them were asleep. He looked bright and happy, as if nothing happened.

I'm at least glad he's in a good mood.

I rose from my small bed and smiled back at him.

"Hey dad. Did you settle things with mom?" I asked.

He nodded.

"It was a little stressful...she seemed pretty angry at what I said. I'd be too if I were her. But, I calmed her down by giving her a kiss." My dad smirked.

I smiled again.

"So, what are we going to do?"  I asked, quite excited.

Everytime at midnight, daddy comes upstairs and either plays with me, teaches me things, or just to talk. I was always grateful for it, because I had no other time, unless mom went out, to spend with dad. He always does things for me...but what could I do for him? Maybe make him a gift?

My dad puts a few books next to me, two scrolls, and a game of Chess. He also brought some paper and markers. My favorite thing to do! Oh, maybe I can draw a nice picture for him!

"What do you want to do first?" Dad asks me.

I think for a moment.

"Chess! And you know I always leave stories for last, dad." I said, pressing a finger against my dad's forehead.

"Oh, you're Itachi now?" My dad asked, smirking.

I giggled.

"Oh no, Sasuke, don't do that. Sasuke! Not like that, you gotta do it like this...blah blah." I mocked.

My dad chuckled and he patted my head.

"Silly goose." My dad said.

I set out the game of chess for us.

"Silly duck." I replied.

"Silly swan."

"I'm a swan now?"

"Sure."

"Yay!"

I finished setting up the game.

"This time I'll beat you."

"In your dreams, Naru."

We played for a total of 30 minutes. It was quite intense. But, as I told dad, I won the game.

"Haha! I win!" I cheered, pointing a finger at him.

"You cheated!" He contrasted, smiling.

"You're just saying that because you suck at Chess!" I laughed.

"Although I beat you every other time."

"Because 'you cheated'!" I said, quotating him.

My dad slapped my shoulder. I yelped as pain struck throughout my shoulder. Mom had hit me there earlier today...

Noticing what he had done, his eyes widened.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" My dad said, as he brushed his hand against my shoulder lightly, to comfort me.

"It's okay. You didn't mean to hurt me...mama did." I frowned, and I stared at the floor.

Silence filled the room. After a moment, I picked up a marker, popped open the cap, and drew on his face. The whiskers were still there.

We both smiled at the same time. Eventually, we started giggling, and then we burst into laughter.
Dad grabbed me and he pulled me in for a hug.

"Just remember, son, that I am always here to help you. I will never, ever, hurt you. Do you understand?" My dad asked, his tone getting a bit serious.