Old Chapter 6

~°·°~ POV Change; Minato! :D ~°·°~

I slammed my fist on the table next to Naruto's hospital bed.

"DAMMIT!"

I'm pissed as hell. These people...what is wrong with them? I understand why they're mad but this is unacceptable! Naruto didn't deserve this, to almost see death at such a young age! He'll be horrified for life now; he probably won't even go for a walk in the village even if me and Itachi were walking with him!

I grab ahold of Naruto's hand and I squeeze it. Tears fall down onto his hand. My tears.

"I shouldn't have let you go alone, Naruto...I'm so stupid!"

Naruto turns to me and he smiles.

"It's okay, daddy. You...didn't know. Besides, you know me. I would of left with your permission or not." He said, his smile getting bigger.

"I know...but that's dangerous!" I yelled, holding onto his hand tighter.

He winced in pain.

"D-dad...my hand..."

My eyes widened, and I let go instantly.

"Sorry, sorry, so sorry..." I said.

"It's okay. I'm...used to it. The pain..." Naruto sniffled, and some tears fell.

"No, it's not okay. And you shouldn't be used to pain, not pain like that." I said as I wiped off his tears.

I sighed heavily, sitting back in the chair the hospital provided. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Okay, Naruto, I need you to listen to me. You will never go outside unless me, Itachi, or even Sasuke is accompanied by you, alright? I don't want this to happen again and...we'd be too late. You lucked out this time, but I don't think there'll be a next. Please, promise me you'll always be by someone you trust when you go out, okay?" I asked, and I almost felt like crying again.

Naruto nodded.

"Yes sir."

I smiled and I ran my hand through Naruto's hair endlessly. He purred as I did so, as he seemed to enjoy the warm touch. A touch he rarely ever gets.

"Daddy?" Naruto asked, as he looked at me.

"What is it, Naru?"

"Can...you stay with me?"

I kissed Naruto's forehead, and I said,

"Of course."

Poor kid must be too scared to sleep by himself. Or even be by himself. If I was him, I'd feel the same way.

I held onto Naruto's hand, not too soft nor not too hard, and I sang to him softly.

After a while of singing, and my voice feeling like it's going to go out if I sing one more song, Naruto fell asleep while holding my hand still. I smiled, but I didn't let go of his. I'm going to stay right here...unless I have to go to the bathroom. Other than that, I'm not leaving him and I'm not letting go of his hand. He's too dear to me. I risked my life for him, and I won't let it go to waste.