Chapter 4: The Present

I jolt awake when I hear loud banging on my door. I stare towards it, confused what was happening.

"Naruto! You unlock this door right now, or you're in big trouble!" It's mom.

I scrambled out of bed, tumbling onto the floor before I pick myself up, now unlocking the door. She slams the door open, accidentally hitting me with it and I stumble back, falling onto the floor.

"Ow!" I yelp, holding onto where I was hit while trying to hold back tears.

I see her turn to me, and I become- scared. I scoot away from her, still holding onto my nose- which was hit by the door- as she was clearly upset.

"I'm sorry mommy! I didn't mean to keep it locked, I-I just fell asleep and-"

Something strikes me. I don't know what it was, but it was painful. I yelped out again, letting go of my nose as I put my hands onto the ground to prevent me from falling over again. I'm so tired of crying at this point, but here I was again. But that wasn't the only thing falling from my face.

As I stare towards the ground, there's a few red droplets on the floor. There's a moment where I inhale, gasping, not understanding where this was coming from until I lifted my hand to my nose again, gave a small wipe and returned it into my view to see that there was a streak of crimson across it. I turn to my mom, eyes wide, and I hold out my hand for her to see.

". . .mommy? What's going on?"

I'm scared. Why is this happening? Mom, please help me! It's not stopping! Why do you keep staring at me like that, like you don't care?!

"Mom, I think I'm bleeding! It's blood!"

"Maybe if you weren't being such an inconsiderate child, you wouldn't have been sent to your room, have locked your door, then have been foolish enough to continue to stand behind it before I came in. Get yourself up!"

I push myself onto my feet, but I could feel myself shaking. Becoming stiff, I stare up at her. What is she going to do-?

". . .go to the bathroom, and clean off your face. Then hold a tissue to your nose and hold your head up so it'll stop bleeding."

"Huh-?"

"I said go!" She pointed out the door, causing me to rush off to the bathroom.

I don't know why she's suddenly helping me out- well, not really helping but moreso instructing me- but I do as she says. Wiping my face clean from blood and tears, I dry my face off but keep my head up so no extra blood comes out, then grab a tissue and hold my head up. It didn't last long, as after a few moments, I lowered my head and there was no blood to follow. I gave my nose a quick blow to make sure it was clean, which only a small bit came out, before I threw it away. Washing my hands, I look to the door to see that my mother was standing there. Her mouth opens to say something, but before she does, Karin calls out from downstairs.

"Daddy's home!"

"Dad! Welcome home!"

Mom looks to me, before heaving a sigh.

"Go back to your room, but do not lock your door again. I'll tell Minato everything." At that, she walked off from me, and I could hear her heading down the steps.