Old Chapter 12

Darkness surrounds me for a while. I don't know where I am. I'm walking along some kind of hallway, but to where?

Suddenly, I feel something wet along my feet. Is this water? Have I finally died?

A weird yellow glow reflects off of everything that's in view. I hear a low growl, and my heart stops. Am I dead, or am I going to die?

I look up, shaking meanwhile, to see a giant beast.

The Nine Tails.

He bares his sharp teeth at me, which almost makes me topple over in fear. His bright red eyes connect to mine, causing shivers to run down my spine. He was much larger than I, but he was at least trapped in a cage. What surprised me was that the only thing holding the beast back was a simple piece of paper.

"Naruto..." My name seemed to have tasted sour in his mouth from the digusted expression he made.

"W-who ar-" He didn't let me finish; he already knew.

"I'm Kurama, the Nine Tails. What else would I be, you foolish child?"

I take a step closer to him; I don't know why I'm even getting closer to this thing. He's the one that almost killed my parents in the first place. He's the one that made my mother hate me. He's the one that...

I stop, clenching my fists.

"Why do I have to carry such a beast like you?"

"Don't forget about your brother and sister too."

"Then why the Hell am I the only one that gets all the abuse?!"

Kurama smirked, raising himself up from his resting state.

"Because of prophesy and potential. Fate, too." He answered, his tails twisting around each other.

"Don't you just hate all of it, Naruto?" His voice seems to echo.

I looked up at him, glaring.

"Like you can understand; you're the one that caused all this mess!" I yelled at him.

This immediately sent the fox over edge, and he tried to shove his face through the cage.

"Which one of us is trapped in some brat's body?! Which one of us doesn't have their friends, has been left by their owner to a world of you selfish beings?!"

"That still doesn't give you reason to do the horrible things you did!" I screamed at him.

"Or does it? Revenge, Naruto. You should feel some of that; maybe it's still within you?"

I go quiet for a moment. Revenge? Why would I want revenge?

"You remember all the pain your mother has given you. You know who killed your father."

I look up at him, almost ticked off at the fact that he brings up.

"And what if I do? No one-"

"It doesn't matter about anyone else. Don't you want to avenge your father for the awful thing she did him? So precious he was, was he not?"

"I can't. I-I'm too weak!"

"But you can. Let me lend you my power, and I'll make everyone fear you. I'll make everyone that ever doubted you now worship you."

"...but-"

"Listen to me, and rip off the seal."

The paper thing on the cage must be a seal, then. There's nothing else on the cage, so it has to be it. I look at it; can I really do this? As I'm deciding what I should do, Kurama starts to growl.