3 • Hope

CHASE MORGAN

"You are repeating a year and you are still not serious at all. Your academic results are going down the water and if you are not careful, you'd be repeating your final year again. And if that happens you might as well applied to be their senior brother since you refused to graduate. All what I am saying is you need to be serious Chase! Everyone kept complaining about you! From your teacher, to the janitor and even your dad! What's wrong with you? Are you this tired of school?!"

I watched as the principal said all that at a go–less than six seconds, making me wondered if she ever takes a single breathe between those words. If she didn't, she is probably breaking some records. That's cool.

Probably wondering why she is saying all this to me? I am not surprised though, this is not the first time I will be hearing things like this from her. I am starting to feel like she is running out of words and repeating the same things all over again.

I guess this was why she was able to sprew out all what she said earlier. It's the same thing she had been saying to me.

Be serious, you are failing, you will repeat again.  I heard all those words several times, it's starting to have less effect on me.

I had been called into her office again immediately I got to school this morning. Apparently because I have been reported to her again from my teacher, who probably told her I always either sleep throughout their class or just leave when it gets boring to the janitor who probably complained about me smoking around the school to my dad–I don't know, he always have lots of things to complain about me ever since I came out as gay.

In one word, he literally just hate my existence and anything I do always seem bad to him.

"Look at yourself Chase, what's with all these piercings. Didn't I warned you not to use any jewelries when you are in the school environment? You are always breaking the school rules, you are this shy away from getting expelled you know that?" The principal said again as she massaged the side of her head. "What can I do about you uh?"

Poor woman, she is probably getting tired of scolding me already. But what can she do to help when I also don't  have any idea about that. But one thing we both can agree on is that I am tired of school.

I only decided to continue just I was told to. If not I would have dropped out a long time ago. I mean what's the fun in it when you can't find a reason to be here in the first place.

"Can I leave?"

"What?" Mrs Stacy looks up at me like I have grown two heads.

With all what she said, the only reply I would be giving her is asking if I can leave. She can't do anything with me though, even her talking about expelling me had been ruled out a very long time ago, thanks to my supposed dad who always fund the school, build new buildings and always supply the school with new gadgets. I guess that's the spec of having a rich dad.

"What did you mean you can leave? I am talking about–"

"Yes, I will change Mrs. Stacy. Have a nice day." I cut in her speech as I walked out of her office having said that. I am starting to get tired of staying in her office just to listen to her scold me.

I walked down the school hallways ignoring the stares from the students. I got used to used to that a long time ago. I have done lots of bad things to get the stares from everyone.