6 • Free?

JULIAN REYES

I smiled as I watched the young school girl jumped down from her mom's arms running towards the two huge german shepherds who also rushed towards her, both jumping on her, pushing her to the floor in the process before pampering her face with several licks, them obviously happy to see her. She indeed was happy too, she won't stop giggling.

It makes me thought of my dog, Gaga, she does this to me all the time whenever she sees me. My smile drops knowing I would never be able to see her again. I had to give her up for adoption when we were relocating here. Dad suggested that for me since we were moving to a new place where we've never been before.

It was really hard to part with her but I guess that was the best decision then. I now I have two cat as compensation from my dad. He adopted them for me when we got here and I had bring myself to love them dearly. I brought out my phone from my pocket to stare at their pictures while I walked through the busy street of California.

My phone starting ringing, I didn't bother checking the caller, since I knew who the only person who had this my new number was.

"Hey dad."

"Julian, how was your day? I believe school ended already."

"Yes, it does" I replied with a nod even though he wasn't in front of me.

"Good." I heard a little bit of rustling at the background before he speaks up again. "So home already?"

"Ermm..not yet."

"Oh, where are you?"

"Talking about that..." I stopped walking, looking around my environment. "Where am I?"

There was a two seconds brief of silence before dad talked again, "Julian fucking Reyes!!"

I felt my heart skipped in fear.

My dad called my name with so much vigor before I heard him saying some sorry's at the background followed by a few seconds of silence before he talked again. I guess he moved away from where people are.

"Julian! Are you kidding me right now? Are you seriously asking me where you are? You don't know WHERE YOU ARE?!"

I bit the inner part of my lip feeling nervous and guilty. I indeed had no idea where I am.

After school ended earlier, Axel had suggested I followed him in his car so we could talk more and know eachother but I had kindly diclined with an excuse of having to go home early. I had decided to walk a little bit down the street from school before taking a cab back home. I wanted  to have sometime to myself to think and take my mind off what had happened in school today, that I had no idea the time was fast spent and I seemed to see had walked quite a long distance already.

I totally understand the fact that my dad is really mad at me right now.

"Julian! Answer me!"

"I am sorry dad, I didn't notice my environment. I will ask where I am from someone and take a taxi right away." I replied feeling bad already.

I heard dad sighed. "Don't! Just wait there and don't dare turned off your location. I will come over to pick you."

"But–"

"No buts boy! Don't you dare go anywhere, stay right where you are!" Dad warned before disconnecting the call. I sighed moving away from the pedestrian walkway to avoid colliding with someone. I rested my back against a wall looking down feeling more bad about what had happened.

Hope dad is not angry with me?

𓆩✮⁩𓆪

"Dad...can you please say something?"